Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 55 in a 40
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
APPLECRUMBLE
Hi.

I have recently recieved a NIP, for doing 55 in a 40, by a manned camera.

I was travelling home from work and use this road alot, where i normally get on this road its a national limit, however when i put fuel in, i join the road at a round about before, i have always been under the impression that this part of the road was also a national, since recieving the notice i have checked the road and it is actually a 40 in that part.

My question is a) What will i get? (i think it will be a £60 fine and 3 points??)
b) Is there any way of avoiding points (i currently drive a mini-bus at my place of work, so not sure how it will affect that, plus the increase on insurance etc...)

I was contemplating sending the NIP back filled in with a letter of mitigating circumstances????
peterguk
Traditional guidelines for SAC is is limit + 10% + 2mph, which in a 40 would be 46mph, so your 55mph is well outside of the guideline figure.

Complete and return the S.172 within 28 days of receipt, and you should receive a COFP, which as you say, is 3 points and £60 fine.

From what you've said, there are no mitigating circumstances, which in any case, are not relevent if you accept the COFP.
redloner
QUOTE (peterguk @ Fri, 19 Mar 2010 - 01:13) *
Traditional guidelines for SAC is is limit + 10% + 2mph, which in a 40 would be 46mph, so your 55mph is well outside of the guideline figure.

Complete and return the S.172 within 28 days of receipt, and you should receive a COFP, which as you say, is 3 points and £60 fine.

From what you've said, there are no mitigating circumstances, which in any case, are not relevent if you accept the COFP.

Think you've mixed up ACPO prosecution guideline and SAC qualification there, Peter.

ACPO prosecution guideline is limit + 10% + 2mph, or 46 in a 40. Most SAC thresholds appear to be limit + 10% + 6mph, or 50 in a 40.

Agree the OP stands to get a CoFP at the alleged speed.
peterguk
QUOTE (redloner @ Fri, 19 Mar 2010 - 08:56) *
Think you've mixed up ACPO prosecution guideline and SAC qualification there, Peter.

ACPO prosecution guideline is limit + 10% + 2mph, or 46 in a 40. Most SAC thresholds appear to be limit + 10% + 6mph, or 50 in a 40.

icon_redface.gif

Thanks. Long day...
redloner
QUOTE (peterguk @ Fri, 19 Mar 2010 - 09:06) *
QUOTE (redloner @ Fri, 19 Mar 2010 - 08:56) *

icon_redface.gif

Thanks. Long day...

No worries. I saw it was past 1am. wink.gif
APPLECRUMBLE
Thanks for the information.

Is there a way i can avoid the 3 points? Speed awareness course???
nemo
QUOTE (APPLECRUMBLE @ Sat, 20 Mar 2010 - 11:38) *
Is there a way i can avoid the 3 points? Speed awareness course???

As has already been stated, SACs tend not to be offered for alleged speeds which are in excess of 50mph in a 40mph limit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.