Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parking tickets in resident parking area
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
jemarc
hi all,
new here dont know if posting in right place. i and my husband have received4 parking tickets since august last year i have appealed been down and i am still fighting them. i live in a residents area because of a local football ground we have parking restrictions on match days we both forgot to display our permits on different match days. i have appealed these tickets and council have sed they will cancel two of them but i have to pay the other two so i wrote appealing as to why they could cancel 2 but not the latter 2 as they were issued under the same circumstances they did not reply then i got a letter stating as i had not paid the 2 i now had to pay all 4. however i contacted them and they still say i have to pay i have been down and they told me to write in again they did not reply so i rang them and asked them as to why they had not replied they said oh we will we were going to ask you to come in i told them i already had been down. so now i have to go in again. where do i stand on this i have lived here for 18years both i and my husband are registered disabled he has a blue badge i am entitled to one but havnt got it yet. i know this is long winded but i need advice and would appreciate any feedback. thankyou
eddy556
Ok calm down smile.gif We need you to post up an image of the outstanding tickets (if they are all the same just one will do) front AND back. We'll be able to help you with this.
jemarc
am sorry i dont have the facility to do this at the moment
ManxRed
Can you take a picture? In close up mode? With a camera or mobile phone?

That will do. Post up the front and back of one of the tickets when you get a chance. We may find something wrong with them.
jemarc
an so sorry i am a bit of a techno phobe i can just about operate computer dont know how to even put pics up yet but if it helps i cant find any mistakes or anything odd on tickets
ManxRed
QUOTE (jemarc @ Wed, 3 Mar 2010 - 13:53) *
an so sorry i am a bit of a techno phobe i can just about operate computer dont know how to even put pics up yet but if it helps i cant find any mistakes or anything odd on tickets

You'd be genuinely surprised at what the experts on here could find though.
jemarc
your probably right but i have no way of getting them onto computor so u can see them but any other help or advice would be appreciated
dave-o
You don't have a digital camera or a camera on your phone? A friend or relation or colleague who has one of these?
jemarc
am sorry i will have to wait for my daughter to come home from work
dave-o
OK good. We are not making you jump through hoops for no reason. If we can find something wrong with the ticket then you can succcessfully appeal all of your tickets, and any more you may recieve (until the council corrects their wording).
jemarc
ok thanks, i am grateful but is there any advice u can give without seeing tickets given the circumstances and what they said about paying 2 of them . thanks
ManxRed
When they said they'd cancel two of them, did you get anything in writing or was it over the phone?
jemarc
yes it was in a letter they sent to me
PigSticker
QUOTE (jemarc @ Wed, 3 Mar 2010 - 14:41) *
ok thanks, i am grateful but is there any advice u can give without seeing tickets given the circumstances and what they said about paying 2 of them . thanks

We really do need tosee the tickets, both sides and any other paperwork. This is not being pendantic or awkward, but every authority's tickets are different, and they also get changed in style and wording. There may well be errors and omissions on the tickets we can exploit, but we really do need to see them. Its not possible to explain to you what to look for, theres too many possibilities.

Photographs of the bay markings and signage are also useful, they may be illegally marked and therefore unenforceable.

Sorry, you need to do a bit of work on this to get a result, The less information you give us the less chance you have that we can help.

MAKE SURE you scrub the images and remove all personal identifying information, ie names, addresses, registration numbers, vehicle details, document reference numbers etc, before you post them up!!
jemarc
ok i will do my best to get them up
bama
tell your daughter to read this
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autoco...ticle&id=16

and tell her to use tinypic to host the images
southpaw82
They're probably cancelling two using their discretion - this does not mean they have to cancel the other two (everything else being in order).
ford poplar
4 identical offences (not displaying permit on match days) in 8 months.
I bet the residents would be the first to complain about being unable to park on match days.
If no permit displayed the CEOs have no way of knowing if the driver is a non resident fan
Hence Council discretion for the first 2 after informal appeal from resident.
Perhaps a more positive response will be available when we see the PCN and letters from the Council posted here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.