Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First NIP - Average Speed Camera
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Umar
Hi,

Can you please shed some light on what my options are?

I received a NIP, 53 days after the actual offence. My offence is “Exceed temporary 50mph motorway (including road works) automatic camera device” doing 70mph in 50mph recorded on average speed camera.

The car is registered to me however I bought the car in 2009 but didn’t receive my log book until mid Feb 2010 and the NIP on 26th Feb 2010. I have contact the previous owner and he told me he has not received anything regarding this matter.

My first thoughts were that it’s over 14 days and second maybe they sent the notice to previous owner which is not the case.

Finally the car has 4 people insured on it and there is no way of knowing who was driving at the time of the offence. I didn’t receive any evidence with the NIP, can I request that from them? What are my options or do I just supply my details and take the hit as there is not much I can do?

Please help as it will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Gan
You must make sure that you reply to the NIP and name the driver or show that you made every effort. Your case is slightly awkward because we don't know yet who was on file as the registered keeper.

Fill in the NIP wizard. What is the date on the V5 registration document ?

kwaks
First thing I would be looking to get a hold of is a TRO to check the speed limit & cameras are enforcable
Umar
QUOTE (Gan @ Sat, 27 Feb 2010 - 14:03) *
You must make sure that you reply to the NIP and name the driver or show that you made every effort. Your case is slightly awkward because we don't know yet who was on file as the registered keeper.

Fill in the NIP wizard. What is the date on the V5 registration document ?

The date on V5 Registration Document is 08.02.2010.
I don't have a problem naming drivers its just who will get the points as we can't work out who was driving at the time sad.gif... How can I request evidence and can I opt for the speed awareness course instead of points?
Umar
QUOTE (kwaks @ Sat, 27 Feb 2010 - 14:04) *
First thing I would be looking to get a hold of is a TRO to check the speed limit & cameras are enforcable

Sorry but I am not familiar with TRO and how would this help me?
Grant_W
QUOTE (Umar @ Sat, 27 Feb 2010 - 16:09) *
I don't have a problem naming drivers its just who will get the points as we can't work out who was driving at the time sad.gif ... How can I request evidence and can I opt for the speed awareness course instead of points?

A course would not be offered until the driver is identified.

Ok there maybe four named drivers on the insurance, but who was driving on the day in question?

Where was the offence? Local to you? Any reason why the vehicle would have been there?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.