Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Went through no entry sign
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
TimofSheff
I went through a no entry sign like stupid fool today and a cyclist saw me and was obviously feeling sanctimonious about things and I think he took my number down. Does anyone have any experience of a similar situation. If he reports this, am I likely to be sent a NIP on the strength of his report or should I expect something else?

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Haven't needed this place for three years now but it really helped me last time.

Thanks in advance.

TimofSheff
jobo
possibly yes, but chances are the police wont be all that interested ?

was it a no entry or a restricted access, ie bus and push bikes but not cars ?
TimofSheff
Think it's a straight-up no entry.
loop
nothing. Police / cps will not consider prosecution on the word of a member of public alone.

Not in the public interest and low "gravity score" from the guidelines although you may get a call from someone to advise you about the sign but even that I doubt.
TimofSheff
Thanks - hope you're right. Anyone else got a different view or is this the consensus?
Wallace Stewart
Went through a no entry, jam sandwich in that road, waved his hand at me to turn round, which I did, red face - nothing else
southpaw82
QUOTE (loop @ Wed, 24 Feb 2010 - 20:57) *
nothing. Police / cps will not consider prosecution on the word of a member of public alone.

Not in the public interest and low "gravity score" from the guidelines although you may get a call from someone to advise you about the sign but even that I doubt.

Really? There's plenty of cases around here where they have. I think what you meant to say is "Usually..." wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.