Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PARKING CONTRAVENTION - URGENT HELP PLEASE
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
adzy2k10
Hy people,

Ok need some help here regarding a dispute by Windsor council as apparently I was illegally parked.

The story is as follows:

At the beginning of December I was waiting in my car for a friend parked under a caved area which has two very tight parking bays. Now I was in a position wherby I was right on the edge of my bay and my nearside wheel was slightly over into the opposing bay. This was so I could actually get out and open the drivers side door.

As I was waiting with the engine off.. I was approached by two parking wardens who came from behind the car to my front windscreen and when they realised I was still in the car they decided to make a run for their little smart car and sped off out of the car park before I could really react. My first reactions were it was a bunch of opportunistic thugs but they also attempted to take a photograph as they ran off!

Now I never recieved anything through the post till mid January when I recieved a letter stating my case was being taken to court as I hadn't made payment for this alleged parking contravention! I was shocked to say the least! I wrote a very angry letter complaining and stating what had happened.

Recieved a letter the other day saying my case had been rejected and they were passing my debt on to the bayliffs! I am getting very stressed out about the whole scenario and really need some urgent help if possible. I have two main grounds for dispute.

1. The actual parking contravention did not occur as stated and the behaviour of the parking wardens was disgusting!
2. I never recieved an initial letter to say I would be charged for the offence and I was never given an initial chance to dispute the situation! They claim to have sent an initial PCN out but I never recieved it so my only guess is that it got lost in the post!

What avenues can I take now? I have 3 days to respond before my debt is passed to the bayliffs so any advise would be very very gratefully recieved

Regards

adz

bama
December 09 ?

We need to see what paperwork you have - scrubbed !

and an exact timeline please.
Equalizer
I wonder if OP isn't getting things twisted here. How can anything have got the bailiffs yet? It's needs PCN/Notices to Owner, Court notification and court order. All that takes ages. Doesn't sound like a Council ticket at all. Which is possibly good!! :-)

So - OP - as Bama has aleady said, scan all your documents and put them up on the forum up. Let's have a good look at what's really going on (blank our your personal details). Any pictures you might have to - both of the car and the signs in the car park.

Pasting docs and pictures help here. http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry428161
dave-o
I am putting my money on this being a private ticket, and the bailliff threat the standard hot air that gets expelled after their bogus appeal system.
ManxRed
Name the company or council which actually issued the ticket and paperwork.
Gan
This looks very much like one of the bottom feeders in the PPC industry. Windsor had to resort to issuing an ASBO against one of the companies.

Until we know for certain if it's a council or a private ticket it's impossible to provide any help.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.