Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 12 points totting up ban
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
umexmerc
I have recieved the speeding fine from the Dorset police. I was caught doing 40mph in a 30mph zone, I was given 6 points (I already have 6 so am expecting a ban).

I was caught on Jan 1st 2010 at 9am while there was nothing on the road. I was driving a hire car that I was unfamiliar with. If I receive a ban this will have huge implications on my career and am hoping for the opportunity to appeal.

Firstly I don't understand why I was given 6 points, especially as my sister in law was clocked on the same road doing 41mph in the same zone and got 3 points...

I have filled out the form and posted it back to the police. Will I recieve a ban through the post or will I have to go to court? Is there any opportunity to appeal a ban and get an increased fine?
nemo
What do you mean you 'have received 6 points' ?

Is it actually the case that you have received a Notice of Intended Prosecution which mentions 6 points as the maximum penalty for speeding, or that 6 points being penalty for failing to provide driver details ?

Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard (including the detailed questions reached by clicking on the Additional Questions button on the second page), and the Wizard will then post its output back here to enable us to help you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.