Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Parkforce Penalty Charge!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Killerfridge
Hi guys, just thought I would post this up for your amusement.

Received this on my car on Friday at the University of Surrey (where I work) for having my permit displayed upside down!

Anyway, obviously going to be ignoring any Parkforce correspondence, but I thought you could play "Spot The Errors" with the "ticket" they gave me.

Offensive to me maybe, but not in any law I know

Hmmmm....

Wonder whats wrong with that one then!
cabbyman
Need pics of signs and lines, also TRO. wink.gif

Ooops! Belay that; The chequered border contains all the legal authority necessary. Sorry mate, you'll have to pay this one or learn to swim from Alcatraz under lyne.
I-LOV-MONEY
From the Parkforce website, selling their services
Q. How can you legally issue parking charge tickets?

A. Our system is based on contract law. By the motorist entering the land and seeing the contractual warning signs displaying the terms and conditions for parking, they enter into a contract regarding the parking regulations. Should they choose to ignore the terms and conditions of parking, they are breaking the contract. This is enforceable in the civil courts.

Prove I saw their signs ? However, is there any contract by seeing their signs and then paying to park ?

and the good news !

Q. Do I need a license from the SIA (Security Industry Authority) to operate this system?

A. No. As the Parkforce system does not involve the immobilisation of a motor vehicle, a license is not required.

Killerfridge
QUOTE (cabbyman @ Mon, 1 Feb 2010 - 00:40) *
Need pics of signs and lines, also TRO. wink.gif

Ooops! Belay that; The chequered border contains all the legal authority necessary. Sorry mate, you'll have to pay this one or learn to swim from Alcatraz under lyne.

See, now I just thought that the dodgy photo of my numberplate showing nothing, other than they have a really bad printer (yes, it looks that bad in real life) was enough to convict me of parking illegally, but I forgot about the chequered border.

Does the fact they call it a parking charge twice within the space of 2 lines help their cause at all laugh.gif

I should really have posted both sides, where it says that they will only acknowledge an appeal, if it is sent with full payment!
bama
hence 'Parkfarce'
Gan
"Offence to remove ticket" and description of it as "Penalty" are offences under Admin of Justice and probably Fraud Acts.

Can also argue A of J for "UK Parking Enforcement Agency".

Can't find any info that company is limited. Should therefore show an individual "trading as.."
This used to come under Business Names Act but may now be Companies Act. Can't see Companies House letting a name like this be registered.

Would have thought that HMCR would be interested to check Income Tax and VAT compliance.

Doesn't meet ISO 5633 Water Penetration test

Killerfridge
QUOTE (Gan @ Mon, 1 Feb 2010 - 10:47) *
Can't find any info that company is limited. Should therefore show an individual "trading as.."
This used to come under Business Names Act but may now be Companies Act. Can't see Companies House letting a name like this be registered.

Just for clarification, on the back (in small), it says

QUOTE ('Parkforce')
The UK Parking Enforcement Agency is the trading name of Wilsea Services LTD Co Reg 04413565

gold leaf
http://www.parkforce.com/pdf/e%20brochure.pdf

those muppets?

i,ve had dealings with them
dave-o
QUOTE (Killerfridge @ Sun, 31 Jan 2010 - 23:24) *
Received this on my car on Friday at the University of Surrey (where I work) for having my permit displayed upside down!

Haha!

I'd love to see them try that one on in court.

Not that ParkFarce would ever take it that far.
strollingplayer
This is obviously a valid PCN, after all, it says it's an offence to remove it, says in big red capital letters that it's a penalty charge and has red checks around the outside. laugh.gif

Now, my credit card is American Express, number 378282246310005, and my PIN is 1234.

(I would give them Visa, but I worry that they'd thing 4111111111111111 was bogus ...)
ManxRed
"This paper is waterproof, please allow to dry before completing"

What makes you think I would try wiping my *rse with waterproof paper? At least they could make it slightly absorbent, the inconsiderate b*st*rds.
strollingplayer
Don't be so soft. This is clearly meant to be used as a toilet mat.
Alexis
Get in touch with local Trading Standards.

Show them Lancashire's guide: http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin...ile=ADV0004.txt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.