Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: vinci parking charge notice
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
otega
I am feeling harassed here. DVLA has given them my personal details. Do I tell them to send me photographic proof of who the driver was? or give the the name and address of my friend from abroad? or ignore it completely. What can I expect next I ask?

Please advise.

carbine1988
file it and ignore it they wont take you to court as they wont win if they did
dave-o
When dealing with "tickets" from private parking companies (PPCs) our advice is to ignore them. For more information about this recommendation and private parking companies, click this link.
usignuolo
I am intrigued by the paragraph at the end under "Important Notice to Registered Keeper" where it says that "due to common law doctrine of the law of agency which states that a principal (registered keeper) is liable for the acts of its agent (driver)....etc" Is there any common law case where this has actually been prosecuted and found in favour of the PPC? If not, surely this is trying to obtain money under false pretences?
Norm de Plume
This is legal tosh.
otega
This letter has just followed. Am I to expect any legal action against me? or is this a test? I would appreciate some reassuring advice please.

bama
It is as much bollocks as their last one.
Evanecence
Debt collectors can take you to court (but won't) and won't win as it's not their money they are trying to recover. (sure others will correct me if I'm wrong)

They send all this but hold out as others have done and the matter is likely to go away. More chance of winning the lottery. File as suggested and try not to worry (don't send them anything or they're likely to think they got you hooked and just may pay up)

Someone suggested writting to the dept collectors, that the debt they have 'bought' is not valid and should take the matter back up with their client. Can't remember which thread and I don't remember reading if this worked or not.

Best just to ignore and wait for the stream of letters, which as others have said, is no better than toilet paper.

You say you feel harrassed, in what way? If they are calling you after a certain time or repeatidly you may be able to make a formly complaint.

Others will be able to better advise on that if it's the case.

Have faith and let us know how you get on.
Alexis
Seen those a million times.

You will now receive 2 letters from Graham White and then it will go quiet. You may receive one more hilariously desperate one from Roxburge 6 months or so after that.

I am intrigued by the paragraph at the end under "Important Notice to Registered Keeper" where it says that "due to common law doctrine of the law of agency which states that a principal (registered keeper) is liable for the acts of its agent (driver)....etc" Is there any common law case where this has actually been prosecuted and found in favour of the PPC?

This is a Perky case dredged up from when Adam was a lad. An employee at a hotel put in an order for some cigars even thought his manager forbid him from ordering any. The manager had to pay even though he wasn't party to any contract.

muckychimney
QUOTE (Alexis @ Wed, 3 Feb 2010 - 00:05) *
Seen those a million times.

You will now receive 2 letters from Graham White and then it will go quiet. You may receive one more hilariously desperate one from Roxburge 6 months or so after that.

Confirmed Alexis !

my chain was
one from ppc
one from roxburghe
two from graham white

end of !
otega
It is just a ridiculous amount that causes distress. Thank you for the comforting words. If they had clamped me initially do you think it would have been extremely difficult to get my monies back? what monies are they in reality are they entitled too? is it equivalent to one car parking space on private land?
bama
"It is just a ridiculous amount that causes distress"
and that is their aim, to cause distress and fear so as to hoodwink you into paying.

once you understand how they operate resolve is much easier to find.
otega
Just received this letter today. I am right in presuming this is a real solicitor? They say they are acting on behalf of the private parking company.

Alexis
They're a solicitors who are running a little scheme on the side. They just send out 2 letters and give up. I certainly wouldn't hire them for anything - they're clueless.

Note they don't even explain what the debt is for. They refer to a 'Parking Charge Notice' an an 'offence'. Pathetic.

After that you will receive another one titled 'Final Warning'. Then they go away.
The Tiny Cheese
Yep, my wife got one of these, from Michael Sobell/Graham White, virtually word for word identical apart from the amounts. This was just before Christmas; nothing has happened....It's just more toilet paper. Ignore. wink.gif
otega

I just received a last warning letter which I will ignore.
bama
'substantial legal costs' in a small claims case !
ROFL.

Copy that letter to the SRA along with a stiff complaint.
otega
I am certain thousands of people have already complained about it. It appears the complaints have fallen on deaf ears.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.