Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Displaying 2 Parking Tickets
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Altair
Have you seen this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...dows-fined.html

Does the parking ticket machine warn you that displaying 2 tickets is an offence or parking more than 50cm from the kerb is an offence, its certainley news to me, if the parking restriction signs do not warn you, do you have grounds for appeal ?
clark_kent
QUOTE (Altair @ Tue, 26 Jan 2010 - 20:08) *
Have you seen this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...dows-fined.html

Does the parking ticket machine warn you that displaying 2 tickets is an offence or parking more than 50cm from the kerb is an offence, its certainley news to me, if the parking restriction signs do not warn you, do you have grounds for appeal ?

Must be a quiet days in newsland! The contravention is not displaying two tickets unless City of London have their own rules which need to be displayed its usually buying extra tickets to extend stay 'meter feeding' which is usually shown on the machine. The 50cms rule has been around for years now and needs no signs.
glasgow_bhoy
50cm rule is one I support. Cant see why people cant park within 10cm of the kerb tbh- its not hard...
Equalizer
On the "displaying two - or more - tickets" question.

On the picture in the Mail article not one of those tickets - except the top one - woulkd be accepted as they are all partially covered (not "clearly displayed"). Therefore only the "clearly displayed" ticket is valid. Barely takes a millisecond to see which one is the only one "clearly displayed) If another ticket was "clearly displayed" then they might have some issue.

So IMHO it's just another one of those pathetically petty enforcement disciplines to catch out unsuspecting motorists - and they know it!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.