Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Congestion charge fine for leaving the zone
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
stoneman
I have today received a fine for leaving the congestion charge zone in November. I arrived within the zone before 7am and stayed on Earls Court Gardens all day till 3pm. I received the fine showing my number plate at recorded at 3.08pm. I understood that if you are already in the zone you do not have to pay just to leave it. Is this true or do you have to pay just for being in the zone?
ormy
The charge is payable for any travelling within the zone during the hours of operation
Mortimer
No strictly true, the charge is payable even you are simply parked within the zone on a public street during times of CC zone operation. So for example you can drive into the zone and park in a private company car park before 7am, and provided you do not leave the car park before 6pm you will not be liable for the charge. You cannot do the the same but park on a public street though.

Answers are in the TfL CC Zone Q&A PDF : http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/CC-Cameras.pdf

In reality of course, the chances of being picked up on a CC Zone camera whilst parked, or even driving within the zone are slim, provided you stay well away from the perimeter access points.
stoneman
OK thanks. £60 fine payment heading the way of TfL
Mortimer
Before you do that, it might be worth canvassing opinion as to whether there any potential flaws in TfLs documents and/or process that might form the basis of an appeal. I have a feeling though, that TfLs CC zone paperwork and procedures have been found to be pretty watertight more recently.
bama
Indeed, but haven't they recently changed Service Provider.

Have we seen a set since this change ? You never know till you look....
Mortimer
If the service provider has changed then it is definitely worth having a look at an up-to-date set of documents. New organisations seem to take months, if not years to come to grips with the finer detail, don't they?
Teufel
if your car is on the street in the zone during operating hrs you need to pay charge
o get penalised
Glacier2
Only if the paperwork is compliant. wink.gif
stoneman

Glacier2
Presumed date of service and imposition of deadlines based on same. How can they tell when it is actually delivered?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.