Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CP Plus
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
hayley
we got a parking charge notice for staying 1 hour they wont £80 cp plus limited say they will take £50 pounds if we pay be foure the 21/01/2010 i was going to over them £10 for the 1 hour i stayed for put now dont no wot to do wot do you think
quickboy
QUOTE (hayley @ Sun, 10 Jan 2010 - 14:44) *
we got a parking charge notice for staying 1 hour they wont £80 cp plus limited say they will take £50 pounds if we pay be foure the 21/01/2010 i was going to over them £10 for the 1 hour i stayed for put now dont no wot to do wot do you think

Do NOT pay them or contact them in any way, shape or form. You owe them NOTHING.

When dealing with "tickets" from private parking companies (PPCs) our advice is to ignore them. For more information about this recommendation and private parking companies, click this link.
muckychimney
QUOTE (hayley @ Sun, 10 Jan 2010 - 14:44) *

Do you mean - I received a parking charge notice for over staying by 1 hour, they want £80 or £50 if we pay before the 21/01/2010, I was going to offer them £10 for the hour I overstayed for but now i'm not sure what to do.

Ignore their letters and all correspondence from them and do not pay them a penny, why would you want to pay them £10 ? did it cost £10 per hour to park there ?
Alexis
• do not pay
• do not contact them
• ignore any threatening junkmail
• they will go away

CP Plus are well known. Ignore ignore ignore.
hayley
the above parking charge notice was issued on the 07/01/2010 and a reminder issued on the 22/01/2010. to date no payment has been received and the deadline for written reresentations against this notice has expired.in accordance with the terms and conditions clearly and prominently and agreed to when you parked on our clients private property a £40 collection and administration fee has now been added to avoid this being passed to our legal department for further action you are required to pay the sum of£120 within 7 days. if full payment is not received further legal and court costs may be added together with interest on be advised the sum due please be advised that should this matter now be referred to our solicitors they reserve the right to take legal action to enforce this contract and register this debt against you in the county court they will then seek to have a warrant issued for bailiffs to recover this debt WOT DO YOU THINK I SHOUD DO
dave-o
It's hot air. You do not owe them a penny, and they are just making empty threats in the hope you will give them your money.

This scheme is well known here. Ignore it and they go away after a few letters.

When dealing with "tickets" from private parking companies (PPCs) our advice is to ignore them. For more information about this recommendation and private parking companies, click this link.
jufair
Nothing at all, carry on as normal.
ManxRed
As usual, they make it sound like they can just write to a County Court and have a judgement (CCJ) made against you and get a warrant and appoint a bailiff.

This shows them up as the liars that they are. What they actually have to do is bring a county court claim against you (they won't - they haven't got a case), then win against you - you would present a robust defence showing their case up for what it is(n't) (riiiiiiiighto), and then you still refuse to pay up. Twenty eight days after THAT they can apply for the warrant and bailiff.

It doesn't sound so scary if they tell the truth. So they mislead you.

That is who you are dealing with here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.