Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Civil Enforcement Ltd PCN - Notice before legal action
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
roses1989
Dear All

I am sorry to bring these guys up again as from reading around they really dont deserve the attention, but some advice would be really appreciated.

We recieved a PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd (CEL) in mid december relating to our car been parked in a supermarket car park (Sainsbury's, Colton, Leeds) for a few hours, whilst my wife was at work over the road. Having followed the advice on a number of other threads relating to them we ignored the first letter/ fine etc (that looked decidedly dubious anyway).

We have since recieved a reminder today stating that payment of £120 is due within 7 days of the issue date which would be on the 14th Jan or as they put it:

"Failure to pay the full amount within seven days of this notice will result in us seeking a County Court Judgement against you. A warrant may then be issued to bailiffs to recover the amounts due, plus fees, bailiff costs and interest"

"Your ability to obtain credit in the future could be affected"

Now my initial reaction is to follow previous advice given and continue ignoring them, but my wife is a little concerned about the threat about future credit, as she is Danish and we struggled with her credit rating when she first moved here in 2003 (i.e. she didnt have one) and she/we dont want to have similar problems again.

I think what i am really after is some general support to say yes you are right, continue to ignore them, or have CEL turned over a new leaf for the new year and things are now different?

Any help, support or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

B & G
PRg
They all threaten the same things, they want you to be scared.

If they wrote saying please pay us, we dont do anything if you dont though, would you consider paying? They are designed to be scary, some of them even have RED BORDERS on the letters, dont be fooled into paying since your already this far, keep ignoring, they wont do court, if they do it will be thrown out and it wont effect any of your chances to get credit.
Don't Pay!
Civil enforcement have never been known to take anyone to court.

You don't owe them anything, anyway!

Ignore their threatening bits of bog roll.

Tell your friends to do the same.

Join the Facebook campaign.

Manterik
This is all good advice. They will not take you to court. They would not win. Carry on ignoring. they will get bored eventually and pick on some other victim.
ManxRed
You credit rating CANNOT be affected until:

1. They take you to court (they won't)
2. You lose (highly unlikely)
3. You then refuse to pay up.

They've conveniently missed those steps off in their letter. Mind you, their threats don't sound so scary then so why would they include them? Its not like they're trying to mislead you or anything!!
purplegirl
Hi ROSES 1989, I am in exactly the same position as you and quite concerned it will all go belly up! But, these guys seem to know what they are talking about so let's hold hands(on-line!) and get through this together.

roses1989
Hi PRg, Dont Pay, Manterik, ManxRed and purplegirl many thanks for the replies and the reassurance, it certainly helps!

I will stand fast and keep ignoring them as advised, even though like you purplegirl i am a bit worried, but i bow to the collected wisdom provided here and will keep you up to date with what happens.

Together we can beat them purplegirl laugh.gif

Thanks again
axeman
QUOTE (roses1989 @ Sat, 9 Jan 2010 - 11:55) *
Dear All

I am sorry to bring these guys up again as from reading around they really dont deserve the attention, but some advice would be really appreciated.

We recieved a PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd (CEL) in mid december relating to our car been parked in a supermarket car park (Sainsbury's, Colton, Leeds) for a few hours, whilst my wife was at work over the road. Having followed the advice on a number of other threads relating to them we ignored the first letter/ fine etc (that looked decidedly dubious anyway).

We have since recieved a reminder today stating that payment of £120 is due within 7 days of the issue date which would be on the 14th Jan or as they put it:

"Failure to pay the full amount within seven days of this notice will result in us seeking a County Court Judgement against you. A warrant may then be issued to bailiffs to recover the amounts due, plus fees, bailiff costs and interest"

"Your ability to obtain credit in the future could be affected"

Now my initial reaction is to follow previous advice given and continue ignoring them, but my wife is a little concerned about the threat about future credit, as she is Danish and we struggled with her credit rating when she first moved here in 2003 (i.e. she didnt have one) and she/we dont want to have similar problems again.

I think what i am really after is some general support to say yes you are right, continue to ignore them, or have CEL turned over a new leaf for the new year and things are now different?

Any help, support or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

B & G

When dealing with "tickets" from private parking companies (PPCs) . our advice is to ignore them. For more information about this recommendation and private parking companies, click this link.

dont worry, save your money and enjoy life, they are not worth the bother of paying, much cheaper to IGNORE
Alexis
Failure to pay the full amount within seven days of this notice will result in us seeking a County Court Judgement against you

I could say exactly the same thing. You don't owe me any money but I could still attempt to get a CCJ on you if I wanted to waste £30. Maybe I'll sue you because I don't like roses and prefer daisies!

They don't have a legal leg to stand on and only an idiot would take anyone to court for a measly £120!
roses1989
Hi all

Just to keep people up to date with what is going on with this.

We have (this week) received our second letter from a debt recovery agency called Newlyn asking for payment now of £208 on behalf of CEL.

Just waiting to see what will happen now.

Will report back if/ when we get anything else.

Thanks
Brad
roses1989
OK just had a new letter saying 'Notice Prior to County Court Proceedings' in a big red box.

It then goes on to say 'you have failed to pay the above parking ticket, and this may now be registered in the county court'.

I guess the key word there is may.

Presumably we are still right to be ignoring this?

Cheers and thanks in advance.
Brad
Equalizer
QUOTE (roses1989 @ Thu, 18 Mar 2010 - 18:17) *

I guess the key word there is may.

Presumably we are still right to be ignoring this?

Cheers and thanks in advance.
Brad

Yes. And the next red letter day. And any and all letters from solicitors (who's probably the guy who sits across the desk from the PPC!!) . And the letter from debt buying companies.

The only letter you need to take any notice of at all is the very unlikely one from the Small Claims Court saying this firm have taken out an action against you. And - be careful - even then it may not be what it appears! Post it up here first!
roses1989
No problem, will do.

Thanks for the advice.
Brad
bama
"you have failed to pay the above parking ticket, and this may now be registered in the county court'."

cobblers - as usual.
see http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24362&hl=

its just CEL at the end of the day....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.