Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: yellow police surveillance van?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Technical Discussion of Enforcement Devices
4g63
i have come off at junction 9 of the m60 a couple of times recentley and have noticed a yellow police surveillance van on a very nearby island just sat there. I have seen it once during the day and the other night and just wondered what it would be doing there? i thought these vans were meant to be used around town centres to just monitor anti social behaviour? or do they have anpr equipment and speed guns etc?

thanks
The Rookie
Most likely monitoring traffic going to a football match? Not sure what GMP use but my local 'CCTV' vans are fully equipped for that purpose and may just have room for ANPR (maybe included into the CCTV package anyway), certainly no room for any speed detection device, they are also fully loaded as a 'mobile command post' with radios etc so maybe are being used for that purpose?

Simon
4g63
was thinking along the same lines myself, must have been all the shoppers coming off to go to the trafford centre and the police have thought it would be a good idea to check tax and MOT etc.

thanks for the reply
wilsya
QUOTE (4g63 @ Thu, 31 Dec 2009 - 16:57) *
i have come off at junction 9 of the m60 a couple of times recentley and have noticed a yellow police surveillance van on a very nearby island just sat there. I have seen it once during the day and the other night and just wondered what it would be doing there? i thought these vans were meant to be used around town centres to just monitor anti social behaviour? or do they have anpr equipment and speed guns etc?

thanks

Probably has a LTI20/20 mounted inside , is there a window or door open?
they get results like this http://yfrog.com/izspeedcameraaudij got a summons coming up
The Rookie
Now why did we even bother posting, such an inciteful responce!

I assume from you're nom-de-guerre 4g63 that you drive a 3 diamonds car? I have a 7 stars!

I stand by my original post either CCTV or possibly used as a CP.

Simon

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.