Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clarification of 1028 bay markings
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
fluff34567
hi,

found that a collegue was given a ticket a long time ago and he just paid it straight away " as the council must be correct". I have since found out that the bays are (in my opinion) unenforceable. I would like some clarification if possible?

Unfortuntly i dont have any photos but easy to discribe:

1 long continuous layby along a main road with a single row of dashed lines marking the seperation between the main carriageway and the layby. There are no termination markings of any sort, the single dashed lines just run to the end of the layby.

anyone seen anything like this before?

thanks.

clark_kent
QUOTE (fluff34567 @ Wed, 30 Dec 2009 - 12:07) *
hi,

found that a collegue was given a ticket a long time ago and he just paid it straight away " as the council must be correct". I have since found out that the bays are (in my opinion) unenforceable. I would like some clarification if possible?

Unfortuntly i dont have any photos but easy to discribe:

1 long continuous layby along a main road with a single row of dashed lines marking the seperation between the main carriageway and the layby. There are no termination markings of any sort, the single dashed lines just run to the end of the layby.

anyone seen anything like this before?

thanks.

If its in a layby only the outside dashes are needed the kerbs are the end terminations.
jufair

This link should take you to the Department for Transport P1000 series of official drawings.

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=...77016bc12fe49d4
fluff34567
ah! do you have a link for that at all?
jufair
The link should take you thru google and the top line willlt ake you to the signs.
If not post back and al av anuther go
fluff34567
HI Jufair, it seems i posted my first reply without seeing your containing the link - apologies!

I will have a look thru the links and see what i can find, but i will prob post back!

jufair
Glad to be of help.................................................
fluff34567
hi, i have spent some time and looked thru all the links bu can not find anything relating to lay-by parking markings....... anyone know or can find... virtual beers tokens are on the bar! haha
yen_powell
Your description could be a legal parking bay or even a normal 'edge of carriageway' line. Pictures would really really help.

For a parking bay laid in a layby as you describe, you would be best looking at Chapter 5 of The Traffic Signs Manual.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/tss/tsmanu...ualchapter5.pdf
Anorak
QUOTE (fluff34567 @ Thu, 31 Dec 2009 - 13:53) *
hi, i have spent some time and looked thru all the links bu can not find anything relating to lay-by parking markings....... anyone know or can find... virtual beers tokens are on the bar! haha

It's as Clark says, see item 4.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/023113bk.gif
fluff34567
ooopsss must read everything! thanks anorak for the subtle hint!

thanks to all who responded and spent time!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.