Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help - Four PCNs but not the driver
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
borris
Wonder if anyone can help with this query -

My girlfriend's mother is registered disabled and does not drive but has a car via the motability scheme. Her other daughter has the car and her ex-bf has taken the car on a number of occasions without permission. He has since committed a number of parking offences and my gf's mothers has received four PCNs through the post.

The ex-bf has not paid these fines and, as the registered keeper, the mother is now in possession of these bills. The offences date back to September/October.

Can anyone offer any advice to what her options are. As the registered keeper, is she ultimately responsible for paying the bill or is there any appeal process she can go through?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Glacier2
Has any appeal being made?

Post up all the documents you have please.
Anorak
If the vehicle was taken without the owners consent then she should appeal on this point. Act now otherwise it will be too late.
Equalizer
Really do need to see those four PCNs posted up here before anybody replies to them.
borris
Hi, thanks for the replies. I don't have possession of the letters but I will try and get copies.
fluff34567
remember to remove all personal details from the pcn's and scan the front and back of each one, even if you think it is just blurb
Alexis
Appeal instructions will be on the paperwork.

As the keeper she is legally liable for paying any fines, even if she wasn't the driver.

Should be a box to tick for 'taken without consent'.

Of course, anybody could tick that and get away with not paying. What evidence is there that the ex took the car? A police crime number would be helpful.
bama
council or PPC ?
borris
council
Glacier2
Which council?
borris
Sorry - Westminster Council
Aginoth
I am also on the motability scheme and there a a couple of things to consider here.

1. Motability Car will have insurance for Named Drivers only .... ie Daughter, unlikely ex-bf is insured, so report him to police

2. Ex-BF did not have permission of RK, so report him to the police for Taking without consent.

3. RK should would need to make a statement to the police (including details of tickets in statement) then include a copy of this statement as part of appeal against tickets.

should exBF get nicked for TWOC, his bad. Serves him right for abusing the use of a Motability car.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.