Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tampering with PPC rubbish
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Mister Ross
I notice that council PCNs all tend to state that it is an OFFENCE to interfere with or remove said PCN. PPC invoices on the other hand do not use this word for their garbage and merely say things like "Unauthorised persons must not interfere with this notice". I am assuming further that this is because it is not an offence to tamper with it at all, and hence they are not legally permitted to use the word "offence".

What I would like to know is, if I witness a PPC attendant issuing a "PCN" on someone's vehicle, am I allowed to take the notice and rip it up/hand in to the police/keep it for my own amusement etc? If I were to film myself doing this, and then leave them a note explaining what I have done, would this help support their case against the evil scumbags even more, or would I be wasting my time?

(I say wasting my time, but anything that I perceive as being a nuisance to a PPC, even if it causes them no hassle whatsoever, tends to make me feel that warm smug glow of satisfaction)
Gan
I would have thought that you could be charged with theft and/or criminal damage if you removed and tore up the note.

No reason you can't stick a "contact pepipoo.com for free appeals advice" card on the underside of the envelope - or is that fly-posting ?
whitewing
If you do remove it you should replace with an explanatory note about the scam in case the 'victim' is a sucker and is conned into paying the higher rate when they get the a letter in the post .
andy_foster
QUOTE (Mister Ross @ Sat, 19 Dec 2009 - 18:21) *
I notice that council PCNs all tend to state that it is an OFFENCE to interfere with or remove said PCN. PPC invoices on the other hand do not use this word for their garbage and merely say things like "Unauthorised persons must not interfere with this notice". I am assuming further that this is because it is not an offence to tamper with it at all, and hence they are not legally permitted to use the word "offence".

I have several hundred PPC yellow sticky envelopes which claim that it is an offence for anyone other than the driver to remove it.
Perhaps the PPCs concerned had a temporary mental aberration and simply forgot that they are not a local council.

jufair
There is nowt to choose between councils and a PPC, they all lie and cheat and bully.
PRg
Id never remove it as like said above, somebody may end up paying higher even though you had good intentions, Always put a note in the envelope mentioning pepipoo and that its an unenforceable invoice.

I have my own sticker to put on a PPC's van, he wont give me any more tickets, I always park across 2 bays next to his van and go in the shops. Tthe car park always has plenty of available spaces so im not taking a space away from somebody. I have a sticker envelope along with an invoice for 900 pounds reduced to 450 if payed in a week, and pay it to my po box as Im scared to give out my real address, next time I see his van its being stuck on and pushed down on to make sure it doesnt come off easy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.