Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Central Ticketing
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
inadilemna
Have now received letter from Graham White, headed Notice of Intended Legal Action. Letter states it is a legal requirement to send this before legal proceedings are issued in County Court and Bailiffs may be instructed to attend my address. Costs are now £207.25.
What do I do? Pay up or contact them?
Alexis
They send two letters and then give up. You're near the end now - keep ignoring.
I-LOV-MONEY
QUOTE (inadilemna @ Fri, 4 Dec 2009 - 11:59) *
Have now received letter from Graham White, headed Notice of Intended Legal Action. Letter states it is a legal requirement to send this before legal proceedings are issued in County Court and Bailiffs may be instructed to attend my address. Costs are now £207.25.
What do I do? Pay up or contact them?

Hi you will find references to Graham White around the forum.

Either tell them to take a hike (!!), or better still just ignore them. The emphasis is on the phrase "....may be instructed". You will find plenty of examples where you are told that this will not happen.
dave-o
I am prepared to bet quite a lot of money that it says proceedings "may" be issued. Take a look - I'm right aren't I?

i.e. they have no intent to start proceedings in relation to this scam, but they just want to try and scare you.
inadilemna
Hi,

Thanks for replies but letter does say "It is a legal requirement to send a notice of INTENDED LITIGATION before legal proceedings are issued in the County Court. This letter fulfills this requirement."
Gan
I'm also prepared to bet that it's "in the trading style of Graham White" and not the solicitor who's so ashamed of abusing his profession that he doesn't even use his real name.
dave-o
But it conveniently does not actually say that they are going to issue proceedings, does it?

Either way it doesn't matter. This is a scam and there are 100s of threads here where people get exactly the same letter as you have from G White, ignore it and nothing happens.

If this is your first GW letter then expect one more before they give up for good.
strollingplayer
But it conveniently does not actually say that they are going to issue proceedings, does it?

My understanding is that in legal terms, "may" means permission or entitlement, not possibility.
dave-o
To be sure, it should say "Will" commence proceedings. "May" just allows them to try and scare you with their lies without actually committing to anything.

You're not still seriously worried are you, after having done some research and seen that everyone in the scam chain gets this same GW letter?
strollingplayer
QUOTE (dave-o @ Fri, 4 Dec 2009 - 14:26) *
To be sure, it should say "Will" commence proceedings. "May" just allows them to try and scare you with their lies without actually committing to anything.

My point was that arguably if they say the "may" do something which strictly speaking they "may not" (i.e. are not entitled to do), it's misleading, and worthy of a complaint to a relevant authority.
dave-o
Yes, quite. I mistook your post thinking it was fron the OP.
southpaw82

QUOTE (inadilemna @ Fri, 4 Dec 2009 - 12:40) *
"It is a legal requirement to send a notice of INTENDED LITIGATION before legal proceedings are issued in the County Court. This letter fulfills this requirement."

And what legal requirement is that then? There is no such requirement in this case.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.