Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help 2 x PCN - being in a bus lane. Westminster Bridge Rd
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
gravitational pull
I've received 2 PCN's for westminster bridge road bus lane (heading towards the bridge, b4 the roundabout). in pretty much the same place on the 15/10/09 and the 19/10/09. ohmy.gif

I've been doing some reading online and I don't think the bus lane is compliant. I've got some photos of the area. the signs seem to be incorrectly placed, the measurements of the taper before the bus lan starts is 20 mtrs too short.

Here are some snaps of the area and snaps from the penalty notice:

The Bus Lane and signs at Westminster Bridge Rd

PCN 1 and the cctv camera photos

PCN 2 and the cctv camera photos

Obviously i'm appealing, but i should I appeal on the grounds of human error as such, (it was unavoidable as there was traffic backed up due to roadworks on the street and I only moved into the bus lane for about 10 m towards its end where there were no signs telling me no to?),
or,
do I go the whole hog and hit them with the above issues about the non compliant bus lane,
or both?

Could use some help thanks
Kensington
Hi,

Looking at the sign and your PCN, you were in the bus lane during the time of the restriction. From the pics you have posted, the bus lane appears to start on a curve in the road possibly imediately after a junction of some sort. The bus lane would need an advance sign and a sign at the start of the lane (which is shown in the pic). Also I can just make out a deflection arrow painted on the road surface which to me looks inadequate. The only concern I have is that this being where it is, I would imagine it catches a lot of drivers (one of your pics shows another biker in the bus lane also!). Point being that someone else has bound to have appealed and more often than not, the councils usually 'plug the loop holes'. Are you sure there is no advance warning sign of the bus lane?
gravitational pull
The only advance sign is at the beginning of the taper. You are right the lane does start just after a junction. There were alot of roadworks going on at the time so the junction traffic was backed up and you are right there were a lot of motorbikes who were just in the bus lane but only for 20m or so. There was no sign I could see when I entered the bus lane so I assumed like many others it would be ok. Seems a little over the top to get 2 fines for an honest mistake which didn't impede any buses. sad.gif
Kensington
Problem is it dosn't matter whether you 'impede any buses' or not. At the end of the day only permitted vehicles can use bus lanes during their times of operation. I have Googled the location but unfortunately cannot get the view required to check the signage. If you are sure there is no advanced sign (should be at least 20 mteres prior I think) then appeal. If you are sucsessful you can bet your bottom dollar there will be a sign there soon after!
gravitational pull
Went past the same road today on my way to work and there is definitely no advance sign at all. The only sign is at the beginning of the taper and thats it.

Found another thread on another forum where someone else has been fined doing exactly the same thing as me. Some really helpful info there if anyone else has been caught on this road.

Penalty Charges Forum Thread for Westminster bridge Rd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.