Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help on NIP that doesnt appear to be answered anywhere
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
SL1
Hi

quick question on NIP that I havent found an answer for through searching

I got stopped by an unmarked volvo in North Wales on the 29/1/05 I got told by the Officer that I would recieve a NIP in the post

I cant remember if he actually gave me a verbal NIP or not, I think he did

Now the question is, if he did give me a verbal NIP, is he still required by LAW to follow up with a written NIP within 14 days, or do i just wait for a summons to come through?

obviously the 14 days has expired now, and I havent heard a thing yet, he also told me he measured my speed over 4/10's of a mile,  but also did not say how he did this, didnt see any video or cameras in the car either

S
Bob_Sprocket
Hi,

Its your word against his. Who do you think the court will believe?

Having said that you might be lucky and hear no more about it. I'd wait and see what happens next. They are prone to making other mistakes which you can prove wink.gif

Best wishes

Bob
Mika
QUOTE (SL1)
Now the question is, if he did give me a verbal NIP, is he still required by LAW to follow up with a written NIP within 14 days, or do i just wait for a summons to come through?

obviously the 14 days has expired now, and I havent heard a thing yet, he also told me he measured my speed over 4/10's of a mile,  but also did not say how he did this, didnt see any video or cameras in the car either

If you received a verbal NIP (warning) at the time, there is no legal requirement to serve a written NIP.

You may also find this thread of interest. icon_idea.gif
matt1133
what was your speed? if it was serious then they would be more likely to follow it up
SL1
the speed was 92 in a 50

he was behind me in the 70 zone, for a couple of miles (i was doing approx 95) he waited till i got in the 50 zone, as soon as i got in the 50 zone his blues came on

What I am suprised at is that he didnt show any supporting evidence to backup his accurate measurement

I dont deny speeding, as I was doing what he said, just with him saying I would get an NIP, yet I still havent recieved anything

I have no doubt that it will be followed up, as he went on to explain all the proceedings that go on in court etc, but hardly any mention of the speed I was doing as such
matt1133
are you sure he is definitely doing you for the speeding in the 50 zone not in the 70? did he say that to you?
Pug205GRD
Surely 90+ in a 70 is only 60 + 3, whereas 90+ in a 50 is another motorist off of our road?

Cynical or what...
chadders
the speed was 92 in a 50

Eek! The mag guidelines on the main site don't go up that far, out of interest what are the penalties for higher?
SL1
He told me that I was being summonsed, and that I was doing 92 in a 50, he also said I was doing 95 in the 70 zone

I was only in the 50 zone for half a mile when the blues came on, but he was behind me doing 95 in the 70 zone for over 2 miles

My guess is that is was waiting to see if I would slow down for the 50 zone, and then if I didnt, pull me

When I took my docs to the police station, he said he was suprised I was being summonsed for doing 92 in a 70, I guess I will have to wait for the summons to come through to see the exact offence details

Cheers

S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.