Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Notice Of Rejection
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
cream70
Mate of mine has just recieved an NOR from Scambeth Council with patas forms.

His formal representation was as follows:
I am in receipt of the above Notice To Owner. Please be aware my vehicle was parked at that location for the purposes of loading/unloading (******** Court) and therefore legally parked.
I’ve attached the electronic run sheets and circled the delivery address for your records.

Cancel the PCN before the next appeal stage

Why the 'investigator' has disregarded the electronic runsheets which was attached to the formal representation,which is downloaded from
a hand held computer which the driver carries at all times, which has
the date,time, addresses of all the deliveries the driver has done that day,
plus the vehcle registration
details is beyond me.

I was not aware that the sole proof of delivery is a delivery note.
The irony of it, is my mate managed to
get the electronic delivery note from the office today.

Is the NOR valid?
Gan
The driver has provided perfectly adequate evidence for the delivery and their insistence on a paper delivery note is absurd.

Confirm that it will be appealed to PATAS where the evidence of the delivery will be presented along with the letter stating their trivial reason for the rejection. Because of their clearly unreasonable behaviour there will be an application for expenses.

A couple of days before the hearing they will fold.
quickboy
QUOTE (Gan @ Mon, 2 Nov 2009 - 21:58) *
Confirm that it will be appealed to PATAS where the evidence of the delivery will be presented along with the letter stating their trivial reason for the rejection.

Would do no harm to "beef up" a letter to the council telling them you are totally confident of a win at PATAS. That may be enough to make them wobble and roll over!
Gan
QUOTE (quickboy @ Mon, 2 Nov 2009 - 22:04) *
Confirm that it will be appealed to PATAS where the evidence of the delivery will be presented along with the letter stating their trivial reason for the rejection.

Would do no harm to "beef up" a letter to the council telling them you are totally confident of a win at PATAS. That may be enough to make them wobble and roll over!

Agree and I think you can be.
cream70

I thought the conventional wisdom was, as soon as LA's like Scumbeth send you Patas forms,
then you deal strictly with Patas.
cream70
Therefore, before the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the date that this letter was served (the date it was delivered)

Are they correct to presume the date of service?
Glacier2
QUOTE (cream70 @ Mon, 2 Nov 2009 - 23:49) *

I thought the conventional wisdom was, as soon as LA's like Scumbeth send you Patas forms,
then you deal strictly with Patas.

Precisely.
cream70
Update:
Scumbeth duly s**t their pants, nearly 3 weeks before the Patas appeal hearing.

Can my mate still claim costs?
Glacier2
It will be very difficult to get PATAS to hear a costs application.
cream70
QUOTE (Glacier2 @ Wed, 2 Dec 2009 - 22:26) *
It will be very difficult to get PATAS to hear a costs application.

update:
Applied for costs early December.

The Head of The Parking and Traffic Appeals Service
PO Box 1010
Sutton
Surrey
SM1 4SW
3/12/2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

Application for Costs
Case number:**********
Penalty Charge Notice number: LH********
Date of Adjudicator’s decision:
Following the decision by Lambeth Council, not to contest my appeal
I now wish to apply to the Adjudicator for an Order for costs under Paragraph 13 of the Schedule to the Road User Charging (Enforcement and Adjudication) (London) Regulations 2001. I am making this application within 14 days of the date of the Adjudicator’s decision.
I consider that Lambeth Council acted frivolously,
Vexatiously, and wholly unreasonably in not accepting
My formal representation.
My formal representation explained why my vehicle was
At the location, and evidence in the form of an electronic
Runsheet to confirm this.
Yet the authority chose to either disregard or ignore this.
In fact their Rejection of my Representations gives the impression
That this was not even sent, yet I’ve have provided clear evidence
To the contrary.
Considering the time and effort it has taken me to contest
This appeal I’d say a sum of £120 is not unreasonable.
Yours faithfully

It's taken about 4 months for Patas to award costs:

He is still waiting for Scumbeth to pay up!

eddy556
Congrats for getting costs! I think you should follow it up with the council, noting down the time it takes you, you will add this to any court claim you may have to issue against them at the £9.25 an hour.
Glacier2
Well done. smile.gif
southpaw82
Super. Could you PM me the case number please?
cream70
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Wed, 14 Apr 2010 - 17:10) *
Super. Could you PM me the case number please?

Will do.
Bogsy
BRAVO!
dave-o
Very well done. I would like to reference this thread for people who ask about claiming costs after a council fold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.