Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what is mobile camera leeway and can i find out now if been done
FightBack Forums > Queries > Technical Discussion of Enforcement Devices
craggles
Ok here we go again,,i have just come up from manchester to wales to dpend a week with my mum,i went through a vilage which was a 40mph zone on just exiting before the natinal spped limit sign i started to speed up,,think i was doing 43-44 and then clocked the mobile van nicely tucked away to one side..

does anyone know the leeway for the cameras,,and is there any number i can ring to check if i got me,,its goin to play on my mind all week and its ment to be a holiday..

thanks for any help i realy appreciate it

craig
C.T.C
My understanding is they work on 10% + 2.

So 47 means ticket in a 40mph.
craggles
that is reasuring, i have heard of a 10% leeway,,though i went on a speed awareness a few months back as i was caught at 39 in a 30..but there was a girl on my course who was caught at 34 and the 10% and +2 rule is 35

i wonder if i call north wales non emergancy number id get to find out
PRg
Just wait 17 days, They have 14 days legally to send out a NIP, plus some time in the post for it to reach you.
craggles
fair enough,,i will wait,,just thought id try and relax myself more just coming on holiday by trying to find out the leeway..ill prob ring tomorrow and see if i can find out. biggrin.gif
CountryCousin
Your speedo is also likely to over-read by 5% or around at least 2 mph at this speed (they cannot by law under-read which is why they all err on the side of over-reading so no one gets done due to being mislead by their speedo) so you should knock this off the speed you think you were doing when you saw the van.
craggles
thanks for that info mate,,so i think i was doing 43-44 lets say 44 even if we said 1mph then realisticly it could be 43..which is hopefully ok.
craggles
good stuff phoned them today and they said it wont of recorded till moday so got to ring back,,however she did comfirm the 10%+2mph rule..

Them mobile vans that always seem to catch me out what camera is it they have in the back of them through the square cut out?

im after a snooper of some kind to warn me?
bama
QUOTE (PRg @ Thu, 15 Oct 2009 - 20:47) *
Just wait 17 days, They have 14 days legally to send out a NIP, plus some time in the post for it to reach you.

They have 14 days to serve the NIP.

Service is receipt of the NIP not posting of the NIP.
craggles
is it 14 days including saturday and sunday?
BaggieBoy
14 calendar days.
format
QUOTE (C.T.C @ Thu, 15 Oct 2009 - 19:20) *
My understanding is they work on 10% + 2.

So 47 means ticket in a 40mph.

craggles
QUOTE (craggles @ Fri, 30 Oct 2009 - 15:16) *
is it 14 days including saturday and sunday?

thanks for that its been around 25 days and not heard anything,i should be fine now

thanks for everyones help again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.