Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: britannia parking
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
donpad
I let someone borrow my car, they parked in the horsefair car park at wisbech, which does not cost anything to park in , but you should obtain a ticket and display this, and you can park for free for 2 hours or 3 hours depending on which coloured bays you park in, which the person driving my car forgot to get the ticket, on returning to the car, a parking charge notice of £85 was on the window screen, but reduced to £60, if full payment recieved within 21 days of date on notice.

so am i right in thinking that as the registered owner , and that as i was not driving the car at the time,
(which i can prove i was about 50 miles away at the time, taking my dad to a hospital appointment, we used his car to go in !)

if they get my details from dvla, and contact me,i do not have a legal duty to name the driver at the time , and also that this is just an invoice for the amount, and that if i ignore this they will give up after sending there threating letters ? as they did not loose any money from the car being parked there as its FREE parking !

unsure as to what to do about this dont want to pay it but also dont know , if im right in what i wrote in the previous paragraph, so any advice would be appreciated. rolleyes.gif
donpad
also if any one can tell me how to put the ticket on here i will upload it with car details deleted etc.
cshm37
QUOTE (donpad @ Wed, 14 Oct 2009 - 22:51) *
also if any one can tell me how to put the ticket on here i will upload it with car details deleted etc.

I think you will find that most on here will describe this as an unenforceable invoice...don't pay and ignore!
Gan
Looks like you understand the situation well enough to me.

A private company can't fine anybody at all and can't sue anyone who wasn't the driver for losses that in any case are zero.

One of the experts like Southpaw can clarify the point but I thought that any court action had to be brought by a land-owner as Principal and not by the parking company (the Agent)

It's not recommended to post tickets here unless you've taken care to remove not only your registration but anything that looks like a reference number.
donpad
just did a few google searches , and read what people have done with other compaines, but couldnt find alot about britannia parking, any one on here had dealings with them ?
cshm37
QUOTE (donpad @ Wed, 14 Oct 2009 - 23:02) *
just did a few google searches , and read what people have done with other compaines, but couldnt find alot about britannia parking, any one on here had dealings with them ?

I wouldn't even waste your time waiting for an answer....there are too many scams to bother wasting your life on.

Ignore as others will no doubts tell you.

If they have a case then let them prove it in a court of law...but there is more chance of an election tomorrow!
donpad
QUOTE (cshm37 @ Wed, 14 Oct 2009 - 23:07) *

I wouldn't even waste your time waiting for an answer....there are too many scams to bother wasting your life on.

If they have a case then let them prove it in a court of law...but there is more chance of an election tomorrow!

what times the election lol,
didnt know if to write to them if/when they send a letter, telling them i was not the driver etc and please do not contact me regarding this anymore
or just to ignore all of it .
Gan
QUOTE (donpad @ Wed, 14 Oct 2009 - 23:17) *
QUOTE (cshm37 @ Wed, 14 Oct 2009 - 23:07) *

what times the election lol,
didnt know if to write to them if/when they send a letter, telling them i was not the driver etc and please do not contact me regarding this anymore
or just to ignore all of it .

If you write to a PPC it has to be a very clear "see you in court, put up or shut up" or don't write at all.

The letter you suggest will only have them spinning you some fiction about your "legal responsibility" to name the driver. They have a lot more practice at the scam than you do and will know that they have you on the hook.

In your case "ignore" is very good advice. The existence of your friend as the driver can be saved for the unlikely event of a court action against you.
Alexis
• do not pay
• do not contact them (that's exactly what they want you to do)
• ignore their threatening junkmail
• they will not take you to court
• they will give up and go away

It's a scam.
donpad
QUOTE (Alexis @ Thu, 15 Oct 2009 - 12:42) *
• do not pay
• do not contact them (that's exactly what they want you to do)
• ignore their threatening junkmail
• they will not take you to court
• they will give up and go away

It's a scam.

still not heard from them ! guess there asking dvla for my details, and good old dvla will pass them on !
shortben
Just had an experience with Brittania Parking (see my first post) and I am curious to see what sort of 'Junk Mail' you receive from these clowns.

donpad
recieved a letter from them today ! telling me a notice to the owner was issued on 9 nov, which was the day the ticket was given to the car also states in the letter, despite a previous reminder ! this letter is the first contact they have made to me, letter says £100.00 is owing which includes a £15.00 late payment fee, if not payed within 14 days, court action and further administrative fees of £120.00 as well as court costs. they have bob hope n no hope of getting what they think i owe them ! wink.gif
Gan
"Notice to Owner" sounds like they're trying to make it look like a council ticket. Criminal offences such as fraud wouldn't go down well with the judge.

Somehow I don't think this will be going to court.
donpad
cant scan the letter so going to type it word 4 word

parking charge notice final notice

britannia parking believe that the above pcn notice remains payable with respect to the above vehicle for the following alleged contravention. vehicle parked with out displaying a valid ticket or permit in car park @ wisbech horsefair shopping centre wisbech, on fri 9 oct 09.

the pcn was attached to the vehicle , a notice to owner was issued on 9 nov 09 and as at the date of this final notice remains unpaid. the dvla informed us that the above named person was the keeper at the time of the incident.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE.

payment of £100.00 is now due this includes the late payment fee of £15.00 outlined in the notice to owner sent on the 9 nov 09.
despite previous reminder, this pcn remains unpaid , if the payment is not recieved within 14 days of this letter date we will proceed with court action, at this point there will be further administrative fees of £120.00 as well as court fees.
if you were not the driver of this vehicle on the date of the incident, please either forward this notice to the driver or contact us with the drivers contact details.
quickboy
QUOTE (donpad @ Wed, 9 Dec 2009 - 21:22) *
a notice to owner was issued on 9 nov 09

Who may or not have been driving at the time! I see the "Notice to Driver" is missing. Continue to ignore.
donpad
so very tempted to write to them in a very long pointed letter, ie no loss was made to them as no charge for parking there , it isnt a fine, un enforceable etc etc take me to court suckers cause i aint a sucker for you cons !

axeman
When dealing with "tickets" from private parking companies (PPCs) our advice is to ignore them. For more information about this recommendation and private parking companies, click this link.
quickboy
Do NOT be tempted to write to them. Ignoring will make them give up sooner.
Glacier2
When dealing with "tickets" from private parking companies (PPCs) our advice is to ignore them. For more information about this recommendation and private parking companies, click this link.
donpad
UPDATE
received letter today, headed PARKING CHARGE NOTICE FINAL REMINDER PRIOR TO COMMENCEMENT OF COURT ACTION
MY NAME ADDRESS
VEHICHLE DETAILS
B PARKING BELIEVE THAT THE ABOVE PARKING CHARGE NOTICE REMAINS PAYABLE WITH RESPECT TO THE ABOVE VEHICLE FOR THE FOLLOWING ALLEGED CONTRAVENTION
VEHICLE PARKED WITHOUT DISPLAYING A VALID TICKET OR PERMIT.
CAR PARK ADDRESS / DATE OF PARKING
THE PARKING CHARGE NOTICE WAS ATTACHED TO THE VEHICLE , A NOTICE TO OWNER WAS ISSUED ON 9 NOV 2009 AND A FINAL NOTICE TO OWNER WAS ISSUED ON 7 DEC 2009. AS AT THE DATE OF THIS FINAL REMINDER IT REMAINS UNPAID. THE DVLA INFORMED US THAT THE ABOVE NAMED PERSON WAS THE KEEPER AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE

PAYMENT OF 100.00 IS NOW DUE THIS INCLUDES THE ADDITIONAL LATE PAYMENT FEE OF 15.00 OUTLINED IN THE NOTICE TO OWNER LETTER SENT 9 NOV 2009
DESPITE A PREVIOUS REMINDER, THIS PARKING CHARGE NOTICE REMAINS UNPAID,IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECIEVED WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THIS NOTICE ADDITIONAL FEES OF 120.00 WILL BE ADDED TO THE AMOUNT OUTSTANDING AND WE WILL PROCED WITH COURT ACTION.
IF YOU WERE NOT THE DRIVER OF THIS VEHICLE ON THE DATE OF THE INCIDENT, PLEASE EITHER FORWARD THIS NOTICE TO THE DRIVER OR CONTACT US WITH THE DRIVERS DETAILS.

emanresu

"[Parking] people who ticket are the cowboys and they have given the industry a bad name." Quote from the SIA - {Government Regulator}
bama
and never say who was driving. that includes on forums like this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.