Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this CPZ legal/valid?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
jimmbobb
Hi All,

I received a ticket for parking on a yellow line at 8:30pm in a controlled parking zone. (along with a nice row of other people wink.gif.

The picture below is of one of the entrances to the zone and I was wondering that because there is only one sign if it is valid?

The same is at another entrance to the zone, which is the road where I was given the fine (there are single yellows further up):

Thanks for all your help

jimmbobb
Can I also add that the ticket states:

Reason no Tax Disc : OBSC by tinted w/screen.

However I don't have a tinted windscreen. Why would the parking warden put this?

Teufel
cos hes lazy - not relevant tho

the cpz signs need to be on both sides of a 2-way street (unless v narrow)

this would only invalidayte restrictions soley and wholly dependednt
such as unplated single yellows and wouldnt allow overstaying on a mtere

see the patas ckey ase cukier
jimmbobb
QUOTE (Teufel @ Sat, 26 Sep 2009 - 18:17) *
cos hes lazy - not relevant tho

the cpz signs need to be on both sides of a 2-way street (unless v narrow)

this would only invalidayte restrictions soley and wholly dependednt
such as unplated single yellows and wouldnt allow overstaying on a mtere

see the patas ckey ase cukier

Hi, thank you for your reply. It was a single yellow line where I got the ticket, not on a parking bay.

Should I just send the details to Barnet Council for review along with the pictures shown above?
jimmbobb
ok, so having review the Traffic signs regulations it states:

(3) Subject to paragraphs (4), (5) and (6) and to direction 9, a sign to which this direction applies shall be placed on the relevant road at or as near as practicable to the point referred to in paragraph (2) -

(a) where the relevant road has only one carriageway, on each side of that carriageway; or

(b) where the relevant road has more than one carriageway, on each side of each carriageway in relation to which the restriction, requirement, prohibition or speed limit begins.
      So (b) states that if there are two carriageways there must be signage on both sides.
      Does it mean dual carriageway rather than the road seperated by the white line in the middle? Sorry, I'm a bit new to all this. Thanks again.
southpaw82
The road in question here falls under (a) - single carriageway.
Neil B
QUOTE (jimmbobb @ Sat, 26 Sep 2009 - 19:01) *
      So (b) states that if there are two carriageways there must be signage on both sides.
      Does it mean dual carriageway rather than the road seperated by the white line in the middle? 

Yes.

Hence yes, the sign is missing.

busman
If my memory serves me right(my tsrgd is at work),The tsrgd also states that if the road is wider than 5 metres, then 2 signs need to be erected, one on either side of the road obviously.
jimmbobb
QUOTE (busman @ Sun, 27 Sep 2009 - 11:02) *
If my memory serves me right(my tsrgd is at work),The tsrgd also states that if the road is wider than 5 metres, then 2 signs need to be erected, one on either side of the road obviously.

So looking at the pictures the CPZ is valid then?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.