Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i wasnt driving at the time but i know who was
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
chrism6532
my friend was driving the car at the time and has said he will take the punishment is there  a way i can sign on the letter when it comes through to say this so i dont get the points and fine or is there no way round it has to go through me ?[/b]
andy_foster
Try posting again when you come down  :roll:
chrism6532
what do you mean try posting again when you come down
chrism6532
ill rephrase my car went through a speed camera, my friend was driving but  the penalty will come through in my name (obviously) but is there anything that i can do to say that i wasnt driving so that my friend can take the punishment ????
Tamara-D
Yes, return the NIP with their name and address on it.
matt1133
there will be a space on the NIP to say you were not driving at the time of the alleged offence and a space will be provided under that for you to say who was  icon_wink.gif
andy_foster
QUOTE (chrism6532)
ill rephrase my car went through a speed camera, my friend was driving but  the penalty will come through in my name (obviously) but is there anything that i can do to say that i wasnt driving so that my friend can take the punishment ????

The "penalty" will not come through in anyone's name.
If the camera was live, and your car exceeded the threshold speed, a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) should be delivered to your address (assuming you are the registered keeper) within 14 days of the date of the alleged offence.
Combined with the NIP will be a request to furnish the details of the driver, under S172 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (S172).
By law, you will have to inform the police who was driving. They will then send your friend an NIP/S172.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.