Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
miss_saltire
I hope im doing this right please let me know if im not.

Received my very first parking ticket today,and really was shocked,I parked up in Glasgow city centre about 6-7 weeks ago (end of July) , bought my pay and display ticket, did my stuff came home all was well untill today when i got this im gutted i had no idea anyone had posted a "ticket" as there wasn't one there, for not clearly displaying pay and display ticket,which i definately had, it goes on to say unfortunately i have missed the chance to pay at the discounted rate of £30 which has now gone up to £60 as i havent paid in the estimated time!! if i dont pay within 14 days(i think thats what it means) maybe 28 i cant really understand it, it will go up a further 50% to £90... I don't have the ticket now ive searched high and low...will i have to pay for something i most definately did not do as ive lost the proof i had a ticket, or is there something i can do about it???

Not used to forums so please be patient with me many thanks
Missy

dave-o
Was it a private ticket or council?

If private - ignore

If council - you can appeal that the ticket was never served, and demand proof of service.
miss_saltire
It was on council property ( E.g main street parking) but i think its a private company they have working for them. I'm so sorry if this doesnt make sense , to be honest i,m confused myself! is that a bit of both then??
i called them today and the lady said to send a letter of representations and i had to choose one of 6 grounds to state my case. and the one seems most appropriate is

The contravention did not occur....... does that sound OK

Thanks for helping
dave-o
No, the ground would be "Procedural impropriety". You would state that no PCN was served on your vehicle or to the driver. You will request a copy of the original PCN, photos showing the PCN attached to the vehicle and the CEO's notes.

It's possible that it's a dodgy CEO, and he punched in the ticket and threw away the PCN, or it's possible that a third party removed the ticket. Their evidence should identify which is the case.
miss_saltire
OK I'd have to write that in a letter, but i still have to tick one of the boxes on the letter

a...I was not the keeper of the vehicle at the time of the contravention

b...The contravention did not occur

c...The vehicle had been taken without my consent

d...The traffic order was invalid

e...we are a vehicle hire firm and have supplied hirer details

f...The penalty charge exceeded the relevant amount

These are the options i have to tick one of them there are little explanations under all of them,which do you think suits best? if you don't mind..You've been so helpful, thank you so much.
Can i ask whats a CEO, i'm sorry if thats stupid
glasgow_bhoy
Civil Enforcement Officer. Pure scum usually.

Make sure you request a duplicate PCN from Glasgow in your appeal, as they MUST be able to produce an exact duplicate by law (esp. when it gets to adjudication) and glasgow seem unable to do this, coz theyre pure fannys really.

Where bouts in the city centre did this supposudly happen btw? Theres a few places where it wouldnt surpsise me if the PCN was bumped off the car by sum wee ned but wouldbt expect it in the busier parts.
ssfoe
Who did you phone? Was it Glasgow Parking Services? If so it was a Council ticket. Please tell us.
miss_saltire
It says on the letter Glasgow city council, the parking shop.

missed a bit sorry it was on Ingram street, i don't know the area at all, thats what it says on the letter though.
ssfoe
It's a Council ticket from Mr Taggart. So no police involvement then.
miss_saltire
No police that ive heard of...who's Mr Taggart? i dont live in Glasgow i was only taking my niece to the dental hospital, i was bricking it driving around, theres no way i would have left my car without paying for a display ticket! thanks for helping.
Neil B
QUOTE (dave-o @ Fri, 11 Sep 2009 - 17:32) *
No, the ground would be "Procedural impropriety". You would state that no PCN was served on your vehicle or to the driver. You will request a copy of the original PCN, photos showing the PCN attached to the vehicle and the CEO's notes.

Although under RTA 1991 there was no category of appeal of 'P.I.' we seem to have succesfully used it for other Glasgow PCNs in similar situations --- based on exactly how Dave describes the issue.

Without a relevant box to tick then --- 'no contravention' and 'penalty exceeded' would do for starters.

QUOTE (dave-o @ Fri, 11 Sep 2009 - 17:32) *
It's possible that it's a dodgy CEO, and he punched in the ticket and threw away the PCN,

In Glasgow??? Surely not  biggrin.gif . Quelle surprise!

---------------

You need to show us ALL of the document so we can explain it to you. Past Glasgow ones are flawed but you are going to have to get your head around the points we make.

It is a bit worrying that you start by saying you don't really understand the deadlines already? That part, at least, will be written clearly. 

miss_saltire
ok thanak you so much for that i'll go try now and download a pic of it both sides. should that be ok?
miss_saltire

ssfoe
Right, this is exactly the same scenario as I had. No warning on the car until an NTO arrives. If it helps I took mine all the way to the adjudicator and won. Anyway, tick the one that says the contravention did not occur. Ask for a copy of the PCN, you won't get one but they will send you a computer printout. You will need this for the adjudicator. You have to make the point in your appeal that this is NOT a copy of the PCN, merely a computer printout that anyone can manufacture should they wish to do so.

miss_saltire
Ok that sounds great i'll have a letter away on Monday thanks for all your help! great wee site this! biggrin.gif
I am Weasel
Others may wish to comment, but Ithink there are also other issues with the ticket
  • Your grounds for appeal are fettered by the fact that you must provided a crime reference number and/or an insurance claim reference if the vehcile was taken without consent
  • They resume 7 days for postage & whilst some might argue that this is not unreasonable, they CANNOT make any such assumption
miss_saltire
Thanks for that my car wasnt taken though by anyone it was me who was driving,my letter will be off tomorrow registered post, they will have it in plenty time! thanks again all for helping me,I'll let you guys know what happens when i get a reply!
I am Weasel
QUOTE (miss_saltire @ Mon, 14 Sep 2009 - 17:40) *
Thanks for that my car wasnt taken though by anyone it was me who was driving,my letter will be off tomorrow registered post, they will have it in plenty time! thanks again all for helping me,I'll let you guys know what happens when i get a reply!

It doesn't actually matter whether the car was taken or not. I know, it took me a wjile to get my head round it too, but irrespective of the actual circumstances, the Council have limited your ability to use TWOC as a defence and therefore predjudiced you
dave-o
I would appeal first that the PCN was never served, and demand proof of service:
-A copy of the original PCN
-Pictures of the PCN attached to the vehicle
-Copies of the CEO's notes.

Mention that the NTO is also invalid as it fetters your right to appeal under the Taking Without Consent ground by requiring it to be a crime.

Say that you will take yoru appeal to the adjudicator if it is not upheld at this stage.

Draft this, post it up here for us to check.
miss_saltire
Thanks guys for all your help,but my letter is already on its way, i was running out of time huh.gif . I'll let you all know as soon as i hear what they say. Fingers crossed now.
ssfoe
It will be rejected and then you will recognise the name Mr Taggart that I mentioned as his signature will be on the bottom of the letter. Go ahead and ask to go to adjudication though, you have nothing to fear. The more cases of people who never actually receive a ticket from Glasgow that actually go to the adjudicator the better. Surely their excuse of 'someone must have stolen the ticket' must be wearing thin with the adjudicator by now.
Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.