Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legitimate Parking?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
chabs
Hi guys wondering if you can help me on this issue.

There are some parking bays outside my business clearly marked as business parking permits only. Many students are now parking here - claiming the wardens cannot give them parking fines as the bays are not individually marked. The bay is marked on one side longitudinally with a dotted white line as usual - the other side is the pavement, the start and end of the bay is not marked but starts and ends with the pavement. There are no individually marked bays.

Do they have a legitimate argument?

I have a parking permit which i have paid a lot of money for and struggle to find parking. Although i know finding parking can be a pain, i think its unfair on those who have paid money for permits.
clark_kent
QUOTE (chabs @ Wed, 9 Sep 2009 - 21:20) *
Hi guys wondering if you can help me on this issue.

There are some parking bays outside my business clearly marked as business parking permits only. Many students are now parking here - claiming the wardens cannot give them parking fines as the bays are not individually marked. The bay is marked on one side longitudinally with a dotted white line as usual - the other side is the pavement, the start and end of the bay is not marked but starts and ends with the pavement. There are no individually marked bays.

Do they have a legitimate argument?

I have a parking permit which i have paid a lot of money for and struggle to find parking. Although i know finding parking can be a pain, i think its unfair on those who have paid money for permits.

Sound like perfectly legal bays to me permit bays are rarely split up usually only pay and display use split bays.
bama
pictures of the signs and lines would help otherwise any opinion is just guesswork.

use tinypic site to host the pics and see this
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autoco...ticle&id=16
phantomcrusader
have you phoned the council to come and enforce?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.