Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possibly caught by van on A12 Ipswich
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
probrox
I think I may have been caught today by a van on a bridge over the A12 as you drive towards Ipswich. My question is, as I was directly alongside another vehicle can they prove that it was me who was speeding. I was travelling at about the same speed as the vehicle next to me and braked as soon as the safety van came into view. any help would be much appreciated. thanks.
BaggieBoy
Assuming they had a clear shot of you, then they could easily have pinged you. The video of the "ping" would show which vehicle was targetted and what was the detected speed.
probrox
Do you know if they have to have the black window open or not? I returned to the site half an hour later and the van was gone. From what I can recall the window was not open so i'm just hoping they had just packed up and were getting ready to move on.
probrox
Also, just foound out it was a suffolk safe cam van using a Redflex lasercam nt camera, not sure if this makes any difference or not.
MartinHP71

No it doesn't and no-one on here can advise if you have been caught or not. Fingers crossed you haven't and all is fine otherwise sadly you will have to wait 14 days (assuming vehicle is registered in your name) to find out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.