Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 65 on A 70mph road
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
luke112
i was driving on the a449 dual track, just after ombersley in worcester going towards the city

the road goes from a 50mph road to a national speed limit which is 70 on a dual track.

i went through the speed camera at 65 which i always do and have never been flashed before

today i went through and got flashed

there was a woman in the other lane going slightly faster but just behind me.

maybe she triggered it

what do you good people think?
Bluedart
what do you good people think?

Wait!
What can you do in the mean time? The choice is yours.
Transit man
Maybe she did! If you were under 70 then you have no worries, unless you were in a van over 2 tonne MAM (60 limit) or a HGV over 7.5 tonne MAM (50 limit). Are you sure it was not in part of the road works there with a lower limit, in parts 40 & nearer Worcester 30?

If you did get a NiP then request photos to help identify driver (do not use words like evidence or proof) & you will be able to calculate your speed against the white lines shown. But that is in the future IF you get an NiP, cameras often go off "accidentally" & as you suggested, it may have been another car.

After 14 days, you will be in the clear.
BaggieBoy
I'm having problems locating a fixed camera based on your description. All I can see is a 40MPH Monitron about 2 miles on the Worcester side of Ombersley and a bunch of known mobile sites.
Transit man
QUOTE (BaggieBoy @ Fri, 28 Aug 2009 - 18:02) *
I'm having problems locating a fixed camera based on your description. All I can see is a 40MPH Monitron about 2 miles on the Worcester side of Ombersley and a bunch of known mobile sites.

There are a couple twix Ombersley & Worcester, the tall yellow ones situated in the middle of the road. One of them (as I recall) is in the temporary 40 limit & another in the temporary 30 limit. I assume that these are checked against the the new lower limits.

Very active areas for mobile units, the whole stretch from Claines Island to just after Hartlebury, near Kidderminster & vice versa.
luke112
the 40 mph limit has been lifted on the towards worcester side. the national speed limit signes were sprayed over but now there back
Transit man
QUOTE (luke112 @ Fri, 28 Aug 2009 - 18:10) *
the 40 mph limit has been lifted on the towards worcester side. the national speed limit signes were sprayed over but now there back

I stand corrected, not been there for a couple of weeks biggrin.gif
CountryCousin
QUOTE (luke112 @ Fri, 28 Aug 2009 - 18:10) *

In which case perhaps the camera trigger speed has not yet been reset in line with the restoration of the higher limit?
Transit man
QUOTE (CountryCousin @ Sun, 30 Aug 2009 - 11:09) *
In which case perhaps the camera trigger speed has not yet been reset in line with the restoration of the higher limit?

In which case one of the following will happen:-

a) Nothing, as the scammerati know the new limit was in force & they have not reset their camera.

b) The OP will recieve a NiP, which he will be able to show as being incorrect as the limit had changed.

If they had not reset the camera, then I assume many, many nips will have been issued to drivers obeying the new limit, so a simple get out I would think.
The Rookie
OR it was a dummy camera (that is just a cheaper radard and flash) set to scare people in the lower limit and as such its not been attended since!

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.