Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 lane dual carrigway
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
jacko
hi i was caught by suffolk camera van parked in bushes on a bend A14 EXNING i was in a 3.5 ton Van doing 72 for my van the limit was 60 i was overtaking a slower bin wagon that is behind me in the picture it says exceed 60mph on a dual carriagway - goods vehicle , but it is a 3 lane carriageway not a dual , can this make any differance at all thanks jacko.
nemo
QUOTE (jacko @ Sun, 23 Aug 2009 - 04:05) *
..it is a 3 lane carriageway not a dual , can this make any differance at all thanks jacko.

Sadly not.

The number of lanes in either direction is irrelevant - a 'dual' carriageway can be any number of lanes (including one).

What makes the carriageway 'dual' is the presence of physical separation (ie a barrier or reservation of some sort) between the two directions of travel.

Spanner09
QUOTE (nemo @ Sun, 23 Aug 2009 - 06:22) *
QUOTE (jacko @ Sun, 23 Aug 2009 - 04:05) *
..it is a 3 lane carriageway not a dual , can this make any differance at all thanks jacko.

What makes the carriageway 'dual' is the presence of physical separation (ie a barrier or reservation of some sort) between the two directions of travel.

So if there is a phyical barrier between the road (let's say dual carriageway with 2 lane), is that a 70?
Pete D
NSL unless signed otherwise. It could even be a 30 limit denoted by regular street lighting at less than 183m (200 yards ) apart and no signage other than on entry into the change of limit. Pete D
oldstoat
Unless the road is designated a motorway ie the road is marked up as Mxx or AxxM then even if it had ten lanes per side it is still an A road (plus the relevant regulations had been applied to create it a Motorway)and therefore not a higher limit for the type of vehicle you were driving. So sorry but you were exceeding the speed limit
Transit man
QUOTE (Spanner09 @ Sun, 23 Aug 2009 - 08:39) *
So if there is a phyical barrier between the road (let's say dual carriageway with 2 lane), is that a 70?

For a car, yes, for vans over 2,000kg MAM, it's 60 assuming NSL in force.
jacko
ok guys thanks for the input looks like 3 points then :

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.