Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i don't think i should have done that..
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
fremoy
Hi everyone,

I sent off my PACE yesterday, signed the part saying i wasn't the driver, and attached the follwing short letter.
"""I am unsure of the driver at the time of the alleged offence as two people were test-driving the vehicle that evening.

Please provide the photos of the alleged offence so that I may provide you with correct driver details.  """"

Am i correct in thinking, as i haven't named the driver i haven't completed PACE, within the time limit.. which will be up by the time they reply with a photo.  
I also don't know the one of the people who test rode the bike, i can't find out either.  In hindsight, i'm thinking i should have taken the points as i may be the rider.

On another note, i've read posts about sample letters but haven't been able to find any.  Links please?
Thanks
Mark.
RedFrame
Just to clarify, did you send off your NIP (signed) with a covering letter.

Or did you send of your NIP (unsigned) with a PACE statement attached and signed?
OU812
When you refer to PACE are you talking about the form you got sent?

A PACE statment is a letter written by yourself containing certain information used _instead_ of the forms sent to you to fill in - a PACE statement only really needs to be used by the person confirming they were the driver

If you are just asking for photos to help identificaton PACE will not make any difference at this stage (except to alert them to the fact that you will probably send another PACE statement if you confirm you are the driver later).

I suspect you will recieve some photos and another copy of the NIP/S172 request (and probably a covering letter telling you that PACE doesnt apply - which is false)

Sounds like you've jumped the gun slightly.....
fremoy
Thanks guys.

In the section of the NIP for naming the driver at the time of offence, I signed, dated, and wrote 'please see attached letter'.   (I didn't state that I was the driver, only that I'm the reg keeper)

So I sent a signed NIP with covering letter, which is in quotes in original post.

let me just read up on definition of PACE again.. .
cjm99
WoW !!!!!

You may have a defence on the grounds of 'insanity'?? icon_redface.gif
RedFrame
laughing4.gif

I would guess, and I might be wrong, that you will be sent another NIP requesting that you fill it in properly... rolleyes.gif

Can you post more details about the incident as detailed in the Read Me stickie of this forum, sounds like you had the bike up for sale?
fremoy
they do you for being a prat then cjm99?  Tough break.
RedFrame
Don't upset CJ, he's one of the peeps that can really help you   rolleyes.gif
OU812
QUOTE (fremoy)

QUOTE (RedFrame)

I think Fremoy meant 'the scammers would do me [fremoy] for being a prat?'
RedFrame
Having re-read Fremoy's comment your probably right.  :oops:
DW190
QUOTE (OU812)
QUOTE (fremoy)

QUOTE (RedFrame)

I think Fremoy meant 'the scammers would do me [fremoy] for being a prat?'

Dead Right.  Its the question mark that confirms a question is asked and not a suggestion of CJM being a prat.  Although that bloody witch in the mags court was certainly calling him something like that and me to. laugh.gif
cjm99
Appologies.

My misplaced humour.  :D  :oops:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.