Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the f***!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
notaspeeder
Received a NIP today (Scottish)

States was doing 99mph on a 70mph limit.

I am very very annoyed as I was not speeding, infact I remember passing the mobile van  and was doing under the 70mph limit abeit on the outside lane with lots of other cars around at the same time.

What are my options.
The NIP seems to offer no alternative but to accept the driver of the car was doing 99mph.

All the stuff in the news lately about Police making mistakes and camera errors really makes a mockery of this NIP by mobile cameras.

I feel like writing a letter to the Cheif Constable explaining the Police have  
undoubtabley got it wrong. But I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears.

Any help would greatly appreciated.
g_attrill
You will need to state that you were the driver and request a court hearing. You then plead not guilty and request all evidence they have against you - this is likely to include a video recording of your vehicle and be overlayed with the recorded speed. You can then assess (or have somebody else assess) whether they equipment was operating correctly, and if the difference is as large as 29mph it should be obvious.

Whether they will release the video is another matter - it is easy in some areas, other places ignore even court orders to release the evidence.

Gareth
OU812
I'm sure one of our Scottish boffins will pitch in shortly but....

You have a legal requirement (which I dont believe is any different in Scotland) to supply the information requested - the fact that you dont believe the crime was committed has no bearing unfortunately, an offence has been alleged and you (as registered keeper I presume) have a legal obligation to supply the requested information (and they will get you if you dont)

Having said that, dont do anything before one of the Scotts guys has have a chat with you!
DW190
I'm sure one of our Scottish boffins will pitch in shortly but....

There's only one left isn't there.  The other one has moved south for the rest of the winter.
Tamara-D
While you wait for one of the scottish experts to reply, can I suggest you read and digest this post.  :idea:
firefly
QUOTE (Tamara-D)
While you wait for one of the scottish experts to reply, can I suggest you read and digest this post.  icon_idea.gif

I'm not away yet DW!  :D

notaspeeder, read my thread that Tamara linked to and get back with any questions.  Out of curiosity, which constabulary are we dealing with here?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.