Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Drive away?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
dbtfl
Hi people. New to the site and looking for some advice...........

My brother has received a PCN for 'Parked in a residents or shared use parking place or zone without clearly displaying either a permit or pay and display ticket issued for that place (residents bay)'. This was issued by LB Camden..

They supplied pictures on the notice which show a clear road!!! They also had included a picture of the parking restriction sign saying 'Permit holders only, CA M Mon-Fri 8.30am - 6.30pm.

My brother had been there, and was unloading his van (he's a builder). He was not there for over the 20 mins allowed unloading time. He never saw the warden, and as stated before the photos taken show a clear road!!! There is no notification saying that loading/unloading was not allowed, and he has been there many times before with no problems what so ever.

As the notice was on 17/06/09 time is not on his side, so we would really appreciate any input you can give.

Thank you for your time....
albert2008
if it does not show his vehicle, then he was not there?,
Neil B
QUOTE (dbtfl @ Sun, 2 Aug 2009 - 10:18) *
 He was not there for over the 20 mins allowed unloading time.

Ya can't go making up your own rules based on 'bloke in pub told me' or common myth.

Loading often is permitted in residents or shared use bays but not always. The answer is in the Traffic Management order for the location. Loading must be continuous and this includes loading related activities but you cannot leave a vehicle for a non-loading related reason, i.e. cup of tea.

-----------

Query title ??? drive away???  What exactly has he received?

-

QUOTE (dbtfl @ Sun, 2 Aug 2009 - 10:18) *
As the notice was on 17/06/09 time is not on his side,

As above, what exactly was '17/6/09'?
dave-o
As above, show us all the docs, and tell us exactly what happened.

Does he have proof he was loading? Delivery documents, receipt etc.?
dbtfl
Hello, and thanks to all who have taken the time to reply.

To clear up some of the queries;

My brother had used the parking bay for strictly unloading, and no, there is no paperwork, and he is uncomfortable asking his client to write a statement unless he really has too.

He recieved a PCN through the post on which it states the CEO had not finished preparing the PCN. It also states that this notice acts as the Notice to Owner.

There is no sign stating that he cannot unload. The only sign is that the area is permit holders only, M-F 8.30am-6.30pm.

He received for photos printed onto the PCN. One shows the permit holders only sign, and the other 3 are of an empty road and kerb.

I will get all the paperwork scanned and posted as soon as I can, as obviouslt this will give you more to work with.

Is it not the case that you are allowed 20 mins to load /unload in these bays within LB Camden, if there is no signage to the contrary?

Again thank you.....
dave-o
No, there is no specific time limit. It could take an hour or more, but it has to be continuous. The CEO will judge himself whether the vehicle is being used for loading, but they often don't bother waiting at all. You can ask for his notes if you want to be more sure of his movements.

Pictures of the bay and signs would be very helpful.
clark_kent
QUOTE (dave-o @ Mon, 3 Aug 2009 - 13:43) *
No, there is no specific time limit. It could take an hour or more, but it has to be continuous. The CEO will judge himself whether the vehicle is being used for loading, but they often don't bother waiting at all. You can ask for his notes if you want to be more sure of his movements.

How do you know this? My local LA has it clearly stated in the TMO that loading may only be carried out for a maximum of 20 minutes? In London usually the only place (restricted that is) that unloading is allowed for as long as required is a yellow line before 11am and a Loading bay.
dbtfl
These are the documents, as promised, can anyone help?

dbtfl
Hello again!!!

Has anyone out there got anything productive to tell me, Please.......

Don't know what to do....................
southpaw82
Pictures of the signs and lines would be helpful. The ones on the PCN are useless.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.