Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ticket for parking in disable bay in tescos
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
karenlm
can any 1 please help me? ive just been given a ticket for parking in a disable bay in tescos? do u have to pay these or what happens if u dont? it was by mistake as i thought it was a child and baby bay? please help
uknational
Well i guess this is a 'ticket' from a private parking company, not the police or the council? In which case its not a ticket, its an unenforceable invoice. Ignore it if this is the case. Its a scam. Private companies cannot issue 'fines'.

On the other hand, you can write to the manager of the Tesco's and tell them you are offended and outraged they are allowing such a scam to operate on there land , and you are never going to shop there again. And copy the letter to Tesco's Head Office.
Transit man
QUOTE (uknational @ Tue, 28 Jul 2009 - 21:49) *
On the other hand, you can write to the manager of the Tesco's and tell them you are offended and outraged they are allowing such a scam to operate on there land , and you are never going to shop there again. And copy the letter to Tesco's Head Office.

Although, IME a waste of stamps & time rolleyes.gif

As Uknational states, you have been issued with an unenforceable invoice, it is a mail scam which is being "backed up" by Tescos.

Read any number of the hundreds of threads on Pepipoo re these PPC "tickets" & you will learn what they are & how to handle them ie IGNORE

Expect the RK to receive several ever more threatening letters from the scammers, the latter ones perpetrating to be solicitors laugh.gif , treat all the same (IGNORE).

Vote with your wallet (as I have) & avoid giving Tescos any of your money, eventually they MAY realise that operating an illegal scam in their car parks is detrimental to their business rolleyes.gif
karenlm
but i have a company car so what will happen there and the fine is from central tickening can any 1 help please
axeman
QUOTE (karenlm @ Tue, 28 Jul 2009 - 22:16) *
but i have a company car so what will happen there and the fine is from central tickening can any 1 help please

Karenlm, firstly it's NOT A FINE, it's a mail scam, warn your company to expect an "unenforceable invoice" that may look like a parking ticket, tell them NOT to pay it under any circumstances. explain to them its a private parking scam and to refer the scumbags to you.

Post back once you have done this.

Ax
Transit man
QUOTE (karenlm @ Tue, 28 Jul 2009 - 22:16) *

Pre warn your company. if they are a professional organisation then they will not pay an UNENFORCEABLE INVOICE ohmy.gif

Is your company large enough to have its own legal department? If so then a letter from them would do the trick, although I would still recommend ignoring.

If they were foolish enough to pay despite you pre warning them, then that is down to them.
bama
if the company owns it own vehicles then deal with them. it is a lease company then see EXACTLY what the lease says about such charges.
By EXACTLY I mean EXACTLY !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.