Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN at NHS Health Centre - Town and City
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Eddie Vedder
Hi,

First time posting here so sorry if there's duplication of issues etc - also, it's about Town and City Parking and I know there's been lots about them before.

I just need a bit of reassurance.

Here's the situation:

I parked in a staff car park section of a car park operated by T&C. Drove in for a half four appointment. I swear the parking attendant I walked past (seemingly waiting to knock off) saw me and thought he'd rack up another hit.

Anyway I came back to a ticket for not having a valid pass.

My question is, given the advice on here to ignore these tickets - does this also apply to tickets when the reason is no valid pass? That's fairly cut and dried, isn't it. I can't say someone else was driving etc.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers.
Matts Dad
You don't have to say that someone else was driving. You don't have to say anything. It's up to them to prove who was driving if they stand any chance of making it stick, but in reality they don't have any chance as it's all a scam anyway.
Watcher
Private parking penalties are UNENFORCEABLE - read more on here.

Suggest you do NOTHING, especially do NOT contact them, and suggest edit... your "car was parked", NOT "I parked", etc
Alexis
I swear the parking attendant I walked past (seemingly waiting to knock off) saw me and thought he'd rack up another hit.

Yep, you're right. He's not a 'warden' though - he's just a monkey in a high vis jacket who failed his exams at school.

Keep hold of all the junkmail you'll receive and then photocopy it and remove all personal details. Stick it in an envelope with a note telling the jacket monkey that he is really wasting his life and to get a proper job, and hand it to the guy next time you see him.

Much more satisfying getting your own back on the guy on the ground rather than the letter writing chimp.
markie
QUOTE (Alexis @ Wed, 22 Jul 2009 - 18:55) *
Yep, you're right. He's not a 'warden' though - he's just a monkey in a high vis jacket who failed his exams at school.

Keep hold of all the junkmail you'll receive and then photocopy it and remove all personal details. Stick it in an envelope with a note telling the jacket monkey that he is really wasting his life and to get a proper job, and hand it to the guy next time you see him.

Much more satisfying getting your own back on the guy on the ground rather than the letter writing chimp.

Bit harsh, as all the David Attenborough programs I've watched have claimed primates & monkeys to be highly intelligent... biggrin.gif
muckychimney
QUOTE (Alexis @ Wed, 22 Jul 2009 - 18:55) *
Yep, you're right. He's not a 'warden' though - he's just a monkey

Did he look like this ? if so he's escaped laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Alexis
Ha ha. Brilliant!
dave-o
QUOTE (muckychimney @ Wed, 22 Jul 2009 - 19:28) *
Did he look like this ? if so he's escaped laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Such big hands and such a tiny ****.

Why is it making me think of Jordan and Peter Andre?
Eddie Vedder
Well, erm, thanks for the 'helpful' replies!!! (Seriously, very funny! Especially when he says 'he looks depressed'!!).

But, if anyone has any experience of getting a ticket for their car being in a staff car park without valid permit - at an NHS car park, would be great to get advice on whether this can be ignored.

Cheers.
muckychimney
QUOTE (Eddie Vedder @ Thu, 23 Jul 2009 - 20:26) *
Well, erm, thanks for the 'helpful' replies!!! (Seriously, very funny! Especially when he says 'he looks depressed'!!).

But, if anyone has any experience of getting a ticket for their car being in a staff car park without valid permit - at an NHS car park, would be great to get advice on whether this can be ignored.

Cheers.

Seriously eddie it can be totally ignored, all you have received is basically an invoice, the company that issued it to you have no legal power to enforce it, dont worry about it, you will inevitably get letters from debt collectors saying they will take you to court etc but they wont, look at any of the ppc threads on here and you will see that ppc's dont do court
Matts Dad
As above. The replies might seem a bit jovial because we all know its a load of old cr@p and we enjoy seeing PPCs waste more time and money trying to get a payment out of someone who knows to ignore them. You've got nothing to worry about.
Eddie Vedder
That's genuinely really reassuring, thanks guys. I'll look forward to the letters dropping through my letterbox then!! Will keep people updated if it's useful.

Cheers.
Matts Dad
Probably not useful as the letters are all the same, but it might give us a chuckle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.