Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clo1976
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Clo1976
I have also been contacted by G24, we used a Toys R Us car park in Plymouth, didn't even park as my husband dropped me and the kids off (to spend their birthday money in the shop but now won't ever go back) and came back to collect us about 2 hours later. (we weren't in Toys r Us for all that time!) So our car was in the car park in question for a grand total of about 3 minutes.

Anyhooo, I've had 2 "You owe us" letters then this morning got a "CCS Collect Debt Collectors" letter threatening this, that and the next that MAY happen. Bring it on. It did freak me out a bit thinking what if some big burly Debt man comes along, but sure it won't get to that.

So, after reading other posts on here I am totally going to ignore them.

Thanks for the helpful advice. Lets see how many more letters we get.....
Alexis
CSS - we know them well! Ignore the numpties.
Clo1976
Help... advice please.

Its these stupid G24 people who are wrongly accusing me of overparking, which is totally wrong as I was only being dropped off, then picked up 2hrs later in said car park but their useless cameras only have the way in and the the way out more than 2hrs later. Have so far ignored all contact on the advice from this forum,.

Just got a letter today stating that I'm getting "72 hours noticeof Home Visit" from CCs Collect debt collectors. My first instinct is to ignore further, but during the day its just me and the kids here and I really don't want to have a visit.

Is it juat a load of shite?
bama
a really really big load of shite.

and its trouble for CCS Collect if you want it to be.

they are CSA regulated and their letter is a clear breach of the CSA code IMV.
http://www.csa-uk.com/csa/

rattle off a strong letter of complaint to the CSA and include a photocopy of the CCS letter.
Transit man
QUOTE (Clo1976 @ Mon, 20 Jul 2009 - 11:49) *
Is it juat a load of shite?

Yes.

My first instinct is to ignore further,

Correct instinct

I really don't want to have a visit.

The chances of getting a visit are virtually zero. But if in that one in a million chance you did, do one of the following, slam the door in their face, set the dog (or kids) on them, call police stating you are being harassed for money & feel that they are demanding money with menaces.

Help... advice please.

IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE them, they WILL get bored & give up eventually.

If you want to do something, follow Bamas advice above.
andy_foster
Oi! No hijacking.

It's "One case, one thread" and "one thread, one case" here.
Teufel
if they visit just tell them to f off - they have NO POWERS at all

they are NOT bailiffs

home visits by debt collectors are outside the OFT terms and can constitute haraasment
bama
which puts them outside the CSA CoP.

CCS Collect are doing a lot of this 'home visit' bollcoks lately, the more that complain to the CSA about it the better IMV.
Transit man
QUOTE (bama @ Mon, 20 Jul 2009 - 14:31) *
CCS Collect are doing a lot of this 'home visit' bollcoks lately, the more that complain to the CSA about it the better IMV.

I believe Bama means threatening home visits, not actually carrying them out.
bama
correct. apologies, I should have been clearer.

we would love them to actually turn up unannounced at someone's door though !!

but they won't sad.gif

but the threat of it is still enough grounds for the complaint to the CSA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.