Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CPN at Keely University
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
99h310
I went to visit some old friends at Uni, I parked up in their car park at 10 at night and just left it there overnight.

In the morning I left with no idea anything had happened, its been quite some time and I've just received a CPN from them stating that I parked without "displaying the required permit or pay and display ticket"
Their evidence shows the pay and display notice, which as far as i can recall wasn't lit so it was impossible to see at 10pm, and I've been told by my friends that there is no Pay and Display
Machine actually on that part of campus so how I was supposed to know about the Pay and Display I don't know

This is the letter I received

I would welcome any help here as I have no idea how to proceed
emanresu
Proceed to drawer / bin and store. Await further letters. Collect and send to Keele U. Law School. Listen for gales of laughter.

Chill with a few beers with your mates.

The School has a distinct profile in U.K. legal education. In addition to equipping students with the skills needed to analyse legal doctrine and legislation, the School is committed to locating the study of law within social, cultural, political, historical and comparative contexts.

Rant over: My point is that there is very little legal support for their "request" for your money. So ignore - or talk to the law lecturers who must p**s themseleves every time these see this.
ManxRed
'Notice to Owner'! Giggle.

As Registered Keeper liability for contract! More giggles.

There's only two options on that notice, they have missed a very important third option which I think is the one you should go for:

IGNORE IT COMPLETELY.

Its a mail scam. DO NOT PAY, DO NOT CONTACT THEM. IGNORE. They will send a few scary letters, threaten court action, etc...etc... its all utter tosh designed to scare you into paying. DO NOT PAY THEM ANYTHING. You owe them nothing.

The School has a distinct profile in U.K. legal education. In addition to equipping students with the skills needed to analyse legal doctrine and legislation, the School is committed to locating the study of law within social, cultural, political, historical and comparative contexts.

So it could be part of a degree case study, or an initiative test then? biggrin.gif
Alexis
• do not pay
• do not contact them
• ignore the threatening junkmail you'll receive
• they'll give up and go away
99h310
I'm not so sure about it being a mail scam, the University have the link to the company's website and they mention them in their parking section, plus the CNP numbers/car registration bring up a match on their official site
Glacier2
Still a scam. Ignore them.
dave-o
QUOTE (99h310 @ Fri, 10 Jul 2009 - 17:01) *
I'm not so sure about it being a mail scam,

I am.

All private parking ticketing operations are essentially scams.
Badgery86
I got one at Keele Uni too recently (29/06). No machine, nearest sign miles away, ridiculous...

It went in the bin...
uknational
QUOTE (99h310 @ Fri, 10 Jul 2009 - 17:01) *
I'm not so sure about it being a mail scam,

we are, and weve seen hundreds of them here.

the University have the link to the company's website and they mention them in their parking section

still doesnt make what they are doing have any legal merit if they are doing it illegally

plus the CNP numbers/car registration bring up a match on their official site

so what. Can they prove you voluntarily entered into a contract with them, and there charges arent illegal, and there paperwork is water tight? What you have posted from them so far has all the legal oomph of toilet paper. And the sign is complete bollox as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.