Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: URGENT - nephew clamped
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
malkj
my nephew has been clamped and has ninety minutes to pay! did not see small signs - question - is it deemed criminal damage/advisable to remove the clamp himself? early response PLEASE!!
Matts Dad
If the notice that's been attached to his car says anything about a fine or a penalty then it could be seen as fraud, which is a crime. He is allowed to use reasonable force to prevent a crime being comitted, so he should be able to remove the clamp by any means neccessary.

If he can remove it without damaging it he is entitled to.

One important thing to note is that this only applies to a clamp put there by a PPC. If it's been clamped by the police, the council or bailiffs then he can get in serious trouble for trying to remove it even if he can do so withour damaging it.
dave-o
Cut it off. Just be careful the apes aren't around. They are usually shady characters with shady pasts.

At he end of the day, even if they try to get the police interested for criminal damage, the police are unlikely to be interested. And you'd claim that it was justified self-help.

*EDIT* - Oh yes - only applies to private clamping!
emanresu
DVLA?
Matts Dad
QUOTE (emanresu @ Fri, 10 Jul 2009 - 15:34) *
DVLA?

Quite right, I forgot that one.
whitewing
QUOTE (Matts Dad @ Fri, 10 Jul 2009 - 15:40) *
QUOTE (emanresu @ Fri, 10 Jul 2009 - 15:34) *
DVLA?

Quite right, I forgot that one.

DVLA can't tell them who cut off the clamp.
dave-o
He means if it was clamped by the DVLA.
emanresu
DVLA - not to be messed with (B*****ds).

We need more info please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.