Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reading Borough Council bus lane contravention
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
eddyb_123
Hi guys. Here is a copy of the letter that they sent me. I cannot view the evidence online (HOW DO I REQUEST TO SEE IT) and I don't know at which point along this road they allege that I strayed into the bus lane:

Obviously I am not stupid enough to just wander into a bus lane, and as this was something like almost 12 days ago since the alleged contravention I am a bit hacked off. Thoughts? I will post back once I have the evidence - but obviously if I am pictured IN the bus lane there must be a reason why I am in there.
eddyb_123
Just checked on the website they provide and the letter states the time of contravention as 19:36 on the 15/06/2009, whereas the website states the time of contravention at 09:32 on the 26/06/2009 ?!
Teufel
The Bus Lane Contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2005

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2005/20052757.htm

i would formally request the photos - by the regs they have to provide them - providding the worng ones is a procedural irregularity - make a print out or screen image

in addition they have given a fixed date - they cannot presume the date of service except
as an example or for info where they must clearly state it is rebuttable
eddyb_123
QUOTE (Teufel @ Sat, 27 Jun 2009 - 19:22) *
in addition they have given a fixed date - they cannot presume the date of service except as an example or for info where they must clearly state it is rebuttable

Could you elaborate on this a little bit? I don't quite understand it.

I can't do anything to request the pictures over the weekend - I'll have to get hold of them on Monday I guess, because their website is absolutely rubbish.
Neil B
In addition to Teufel's valid point there are more flaws on the PCN - and IME, likely their subsequent behaviour in the appeals process.

I have been helping fight one since January. See 'Penalty Charges Forum' 'RIBVAN' thread.

-

eddyb_123
I've searched for the RIBVAN thread but failed miserably to find it. Could you point out where it is within the Penalty Charges Forum, or briefly what specifics within my PCN are questionable?
Neil B
Errrrmmmmm ? First page, last post 21/6 ??

eddyb_123
Ok I see it. Just going to send a letter to get my 'evidence'...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.