Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: recieved a parking ticket but wrong number plate printed
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
anyone help
i recieved a parking ticket on my motorbike but they have printed my number plate wrong on the ticket ,insted of 55 they have put 56 do i still need to pay this any help appreciated thanks
markie
Well the PCN isn't for the registration of your vehicle so no need to pay it. biggrin.gif
uknational
QUOTE (markie @ Wed, 24 Jun 2009 - 18:28) *
Well the PCN isn't for the registration of your vehicle so no need to pay it. biggrin.gif

Agreed. You do not own the vehicle named on the PCN so the offence as described did not occur. Write to them and point out you do not own that vehicle.
Matts Dad
You don't need to respond to a PCN only the NTO, so the best thing to do would be to ignore the PCN and wait for the NTO. It should never arrive as they don't have your correct reg number. If you respond too soon they may have your correct reg number in the CEOs notebook and try to reissue the PCN correctly, (not sure if they're allowed to, but best not to give them the chance).
dave-o
As above, don't contact them unless you get an NTO.

There are three outcomes:

1) The reg does not exist, they do not bother trying to identify the vehicle
2) The reg belongs to a different vehicle, they send the owner a NTO and they (hopefully) appeal it as it is not their vehicle in the picture
3) They realise they have got the wrong reg number and manage to identify the correct one from photos. They send you an NTO and you appeal due to the fact that the original PCN was fundamentally flawed.

It's unlikely you'll hear anything else, but hang on to the PCN for at least 6 months.
Glacier2
I agree with the above. Do not contact them unless you receive a NTO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.