Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parking ticket arrived
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
redforever5
hi there everyone just had a parking charge notice for parking outside girlfriends flat in a permit only car park. even though i have a permit to park never got chance to put it in car they where that quick. i see everyone ignores them, is that still the case?, and is it worth the effort to write to them? it was L P E ltd,( legal parking enforcers) box699 62 livingstone street birkenhead.wirral. code oo permit holders only £80 fine or £40 if paid within 14 days it also says i have to pay fine even if i want to appeal against it and the registered keepers details have been checked with dvla. thanks in advance. G biggrin.gif
redforever5
hi there everyone just had a parking charge notice for parking outside girlfriends flat in a permit only car park. even though i have a permit to park never got chance to put it in car they where that quick. i see everyone ignores them, is that still the case?, and is it worth the effort to write to them? it was L P E ltd,( legal parking enforcers) box699 62 livingstone street birkenhead.wirral. code oo permit holders only £80 fine or £40 if paid within 14 days it also says i have to pay fine even if i want to appeal against it and the registered keepers details have been checked with dvla. thanks in advance. G biggrin.gif
buttonpusher
To get an answer you'll have to supply a lot more info than this, they can't read minds. Who issued the ticket, which council, which town etc.
Roverboy
He said it was LPE (legal parking enforcers) so at this stage we can safely assume its a PPC scam ticket. BUT, please post the ticket scrubbed of details for our legal and learned friends on here to peruse and generally laugh at and make sure it is a scam ticket to be safely ignored.
Alexis
100% a private ticket that should be ignored.

Out of interest, does it actually use the word 'fine'?
redforever5

thanks for some quick replys, no way of getting pic of ticket so i have got a pic of one which is the same. does not say fine anywhere on ticket just says parking charge notice. did notice on this website
people say ignore them just wondering if it is still the case. thanks in advance
Roverboy
Was it actually stuck to your car in that envelope, cos, if it was, they have broken the law, and, should be reported to the BPA, possibly the SIA and if you feel like wasting some time (cos they won't be intereted really) the Police.
bama
agreed. laughable PPC paper, that envelope is fraudulent.
this mob are not AOS members, and I doubt they are BPA members of any description so forget writing to the BPA.

However !!

Wait for them to write to the RK and then write to the DVLA asking for all the V888/2 information (as per the relevant portion of this )

There will be an ICO registration number backing the request, getting that would informative. smile.gif as would be getting the basis for authority.
redforever5
yes it was stuck to car window. has anyone ever been done over this? as car is in dads name and don`t want him flappin over debt collectors coming to the house. thanks again.
axeman
don't worry, these are amateurish PPC scumbags, wait for the NTO and then do as Bama said, this will be interesting. you wont have to pay.
bama
when/if the letter to the RK arrives post back here (in this thread so bookmark it) and I will guide you.

these jokers are operating well outside the envelope of 'normal' PPCs - and I bet most people thought that was impossible - so you are in the cat bird seat.

Point dad here for reasurance. you and he are safe.
Slatz
Is this a spoof?

OP says invoice received at the weekend yet it is dated 9/11/2007.

Or am I missing something?
redforever5
thanks again people for help and reasurance. and bama will post any letters on here, cheers pal . and slatz no spoof. WHY?. like i said could not upload my pic so got one of the same off net.
bama
good, lets keep this thread going while we track down the background information on this mob.
redforever5
hi guys got a parking ticket a while back and was advised on here not to pay as i was parked outside girlfriends flat in a residential carpark but never had time to place the permit in car(5mins max) before they slapped a ticket on it.

i have now received a letter asking for the pcn to be payed, any ideas how to deal with these scumbags
cheers people.

below is a pic of letter.

mr2
Ignore and enjoy life!

BTW if you don't want them to identify you wash the notice number from the letter!
srg
Glad they're called "legal" parking enforcers

as their letter is likely to get them into "legal" trouble - Hmmm a "Penalty Charge Notice" and "Notice to Owner". Anyone smell a s2 of the Fraud Act or s40 of the Administration of Justice Act issue here?

Basically it's a PPC. Ignore, ignore, ignore.

But if you want to cause trouble, report them to trading standards or the police.
Barkley
Just the last paragraph makes it look like scammers - giving all the excuses they won;t accept! smile.gif I'd imagine they'll get bored with pursuing you if you don;t contact them.
Matts Dad
Usual PPC invoice which should be filed away and otherwise ignored.

Looks like this lot are particularly thick, they can't make up their mind if they issued a Parking Charge Notice or a Penalty Charge Notice, (naughty naughty, they're not allowed to issue Penalty Charge Notices).

You might want to read this http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24920&st=0
cream70
Just ignore these cowboys
I'ts a scam.
They seem to have previous.
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24920
Matts Dad
You may feel morally obliged to pay as they claim that "We are the ethical alternative to clamping" biggrin.gif

http://legalparkingenforcers.co.uk/

Don't know who put their website together but his first language clearly isn't English, (fluent bollox maybe).
bama
legal - thay ain't

post their letter to patas (if inside London) or PATROL if outside london along with a stiff complaint about the non compliant Notice to Owner smile.gif smile.gif
redforever5
hi chaps, thanks for help, just had another letter through demanding £120. the scumbags are persistant, car is in dads name so i have him on my back aswell at mo argue.gif as he`s flappin about those bailiffs.
Matts Dad
Get him to read the forums, otherwise he'll flap even more when he gets the letters from the 'Debt Collector' and the 'Solicitor'.
ianagarrison
What Baliffs? You mean powerless debt collectors?
redforever5
hi everyone, i had a parking charge notice last year from legal parking enforcers which i have ignored as instructed on here,but now i have a letter from woods collection agency saying the have purchased the debt and asking for the money within 7 days or a collector will call at the house or a county court judgment will be taken out. anyone heard of them and any advice would be appreciated. regards Geoff
Fredd
You've started a duplicate thread!
ManxRed
You need to know a few facts here.

1. Debt collectors have no powers, they cannot seize goods or things like bailiffs can. They can politely ask for the money and on receiving the answer 'no' they have to go away. They probably won't call unless you live nearby where they are based.
2. A party cannot 'sell' a debt unless the original party informs you that this is going to happen first. So that bit is clearly crap. There isn't even a debt anyway, until they prove the debt is valid in court.
3. They cannot simply obtain a county court judgement. They need to take you to court first (you would obviously be informed of this and would put up a solid defence). Then they need to win (pig flies overhead at this point), and then you still need to refuse to pay up for 28 days following the case. This simply isn't going to happen in a month of Sundays. Convenient how they have left this bit of information relating to how county court judgements are obtained out of their correspondence though, don't you agree?

Ignore it.
redforever5
i do agree thankyou for the info
regards Geoff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.