Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Passenger Transport Solutions at Liverpool Airport
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
mr2
Having recently started working at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, I was wondering if anyone had heard of or encountered a company called 'Passenger Transport Solutions'?

They apparently started carrying out parking enforcement (including the staff car park) from 1st April (I KNOW!!!!!!) and threaten to issue £50 Penalty Charge Notices according to their blurb. I can't find anything on the internet about them.

I'm fairly certain they're just another PPC who should be ignored, but it would be interesting to hear what experiences people have had with them.
Mortimer
One quick Google search and bang... The fourth hit...

http://www.ukdata.com/company-credit-repor...NS-LIMITED.html
Teufel
NB some airports are covered by bylaws (like (real) railwy ones)
bama
are they PASSENGER TRANSPORT SOLUTIONS UK LIMITED

or PASSENGER TRANSPORT SOLUTIONS LIMITED

(am hoping its the latter)
jufair
I wonder who has agreed this parking regime from those who work at this airport.
mr2
Bama,

I think it must be the latter, although I've not seen any signs or documents with 'ltd' after their name, just 'Passenger Transport Solutions.' Never any mention of 'UK' though.

According to the airport's website they also control the taxi rank system.

On the plus side apparently they never clamp!
Mortimer
They get mentioned a fair bit:

http://www.liverpoolairport.com/press-offi...-a-success.html

http://www.fola.org.uk/travel.html

bama
if its the latter then their accounts are way overdue and they may be in line for a nice fine. Co House upped the fines on feb 1st this year.
company details
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/3b44c39b...42d/compdetails
fine information
http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gba5.shtml

and is it is actually the Ltd company then their paperwork is wrong and is misrepresenting the company.
In which case they need reporting for that.
eithey way it looks like a compliant to Co House Compliance is in order, its just a matter of which complaint.

is there a company number on the paper ?
mr2
I don't have a company number for them - only an email sent to all airport staff saying they're now carrying out parking enforcement at the airport:

Dear All

In order to protect car park revenue, and to deter inconsiderate parking behaviour, Passenger Transport Solutions (PTS), have been awarded the contract for Traffic Enforcement.

The contract will cover all car parks, including the Administration Building & Staff car parks. Enforcement will take the form of Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs), where any vehicle failing to display a valid Liverpool airport windscreen permit is liable to receive a PCN.

The PCN will be £70, reduced to £50 if payment is made within 28 days. This penalty is in line with the British Parking Association guidelines. We feel PCNs are more appropriate than clamps, as clamping often resulted in conflict issues.

PTS will be responsible for taking payments, and for chasing non-payments. In the case of non-payment, they will apply to the DVLA for vehicle keeper details, then pursue the debt.

Whilst parking enforcement in the car parks is not new, PTS will commence 1 April 2009. If any staff do not hold a valid windscreen permit, or the registration details are incorrect, please ensure you apply for one asap. Applications can be made via email to xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Please provide the employee name, LJLA ID badge number, company/department & vehicle registration.

For the Administration car park, the only vehicles parked should belong to LJLA staff, or contractors & visitors. Please bear in mind that where contractors & visitors have been invited to the airport, visitors are advised to obtain a permit upon arrival. If they are working out of hours and unable to obtain a permit, please can I suggest they use long/short stay car parks.

We will not cancel or refund any PCNs that have been issued correctly. If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Regards

xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Car Park Operations Manager

Liverpool John Lennon Airport

I'll look at the small print on the signs in the car park on my way home tonight to see if I can find a company number.
mr2
Looks like the company number is 05896013

If I find a number on a sign this evening I'll make sure it matches.
17handicap
That Company number comes up as PASSENGER TRANSPORT SOLUTIONS LIMITED with Mr Michael William Gilmore of <deleted by mod>, Stafford, Staffordshire. as Director, Secretary and shareholder with his wife Linda as a Director.

They havn't filed any accounts yet - since their incorporation on 03/08/06

Hope that this helps!
bama
email calls them "penalties" - numpties
and they say RK will be pursued ?
so how does your contract of employment bind you to this contract the airport has made with the PPC ?

and more to the point how does it bind the RKs ?

see posts above re Company reports. need the company number, phone number, address or somesuch.
mr2
As far as I'm aware my contract of employment doesn't mention the issue at all, but may at best have a general clause about obeying airport laws and regulations.

Slightly off topic, when I worked at Heathrow the owners (BAA) would routinely fine people £50 - £500 for not wearing a hi-viz jacket whilst airside! It's a bit of a case of that you're over a barrel because they have the power to confiscate your airside pass = no job icon_sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.