Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP for doing 53 in a 30. Is it 3 or 6 points?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
King K
Hi

I got a NIP through the post for doing 53 in a 30. what is the likely outcome? will I be receiving 3 points or 6 points? what is the criteria and cut off for the 3 points limit?
Hotel Oscar 87
The alleged speed, at 53mph, is in excess of the ACPO prosecution threshold and it is likely that you will in due course receive a summons - but stranger things have happened. If dealt with at court, at this speed, you will be liable to a Band B fine (75-125% of your relevant weekly income = gross minus tax and NI) and a ban of between 7 and 56 days OR 6 points.

You may find that more assistance will be forthcoming if you were tyo complete the NIP Wizard
nemo
QUOTE (King K @ Wed, 3 Jun 2009 - 10:12) *
I got a NIP through the post for doing 53 in a 30. what is the likely outcome? will I be receiving 3 points or 6 points?

QUOTE (King K @ Wed, 3 Jun 2009 - 10:12) *
what is the criteria and cut off for the 3 points limit?

Ordinarily, Fixed Penalties tend to be offered for speeds of up to and including 49mph in 30mph limits. In excess of 49mph and its likely that the matter would be dealt with by the courts.

Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard (including the detailed questions reached by clicking on the Additional Questions button on the second page), and the Wizard will then post its output back here to enable us to help you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.