Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2nd NIP in eight months
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
simmos
My vehicle was caught by a mobile van allegedly travelling at 40mph in a 30mph area on 19th April 2009. I received a NIP on 24th April 2009 with details of a photgraph and callibrations for the device. The picture is not clear but it may have been me driving at the time. I replied to the NIP by stating that I could not recall who was driving at the time but gave them 4 different names and addresses of people who could have been driving.

I received a telephone call from the Officers at the Safety Camera Unit to say that I had used the same defence in August 2008. At that time they waived the NIP but have said that this time they will prosecute.

Should I continue my defence that I cannot be sure that I was the driver or should I look at any other technical defences such as callibrations.

andy_foster
QUOTE (simmos @ Thu, 28 May 2009 - 13:51) *
Should I continue my defence that I cannot be sure that I was the driver or should I look at any other technical defences such as callibrations.

Not if it involves pejury.
The Rookie
Concur with Andy, also what 'reasonable dilligence' have you performed in trying to ID the driver? Failing to ID the driver is 6 points and a fine of 150% of your weekly take home, compare that to 3 pts and £60 for a fixed penalty.....

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.