Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DD charge but error on charge sheet
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
MikeSc
Hi

Just a quicky and a really long shot. I was stopped and breathalysed the other day on a motorcycle and my reading was 52. The charge is that I was over the limit driving a motorcycle but the registration number of the bike on the charge sheet is incorrect.

I know nothing about these things at all, but if the charge is that I was riding motorcycle registration number xxx whilst over the limit, can I not legitimately please not guilty, as I wasn’t?

Many thanksi
Top Cat
QUOTE (MikeSc @ Sun, 24 May 2009 - 06:08) *
Hi

Just a quicky and a really long shot. I was stopped and breathalysed the other day on a motorcycle and my reading was 52. The charge is that I was over the limit driving a motorcycle but the registration number of the bike on the charge sheet is incorrect.

I know nothing about these things at all, but if the charge is that I was riding motorcycle registration number xxx whilst over the limit, can I not legitimately please not guilty, as I wasn’t?

Many thanksi

There's a good chance of that succeeding as long as you can show that they also are mistaken about who was subjected to a roadside breath test,failed it,got arrested,then taken into custody and blew over the prescribed limit on the intoxiliser and was charged....other than that....sorry,no!
MikeSc
Thanks. it was a long shot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.