Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 parking tickets..!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Ibiza125
Hi all. Was told by my car forum that you fine people here might be able to help me with my stupidity.

Well first of all just going to say it now that I am an idiot. The story:

Last Thursday I was coming back from food shopping and my payed for secure parking is about 5-10 minutes away from my flat, so decided to temporarily park right next to my flat on some street parking. So had the flat mates with me so we all dragged the bags back to the flat, and for some really stupid reason, all forgot that my car was still in this car parking space...

So went down to my payed for parking space this evening (Tuesday, 5 days later..!) to go to work, and find my car isn't there..! Totally crap myself phone my mates to see if they had pulled the worst prank they could ever pull on me and move my car, then it clicked that we had gone shopping and that my car was (hopefully) still at the parking space!!

Ran up to the space and low and behold it was still there in one peace (is a quiet area surprisingly), with the addition of 2 parking tickets under my wiper and a load of bird crap.
Got in the car and of course, there was another ticket under my other wiper!!

So the tickets are for £60 each, but if I pay within 14 days (not this Thursday but the next) they are 'only' £30 each. Still though £90 down the drain completly!

Was wandering if I could say to the council look I do have a car space I pay for, which they are bound to get some money down the line for, and if they could cut me some slack for my stupidity maybe... Or I could say I lost my keys and was waiting for the spare set to be sent to me from home

Class 1 ****!
muckychimney
Are they council issued tickets or private issued tickets ?

Best thing you can do firstly is scan your ticket and post in onto here via one of the photo hosting sites, failing that type in exactly what the ticket says but leave out all your details ie reg number ticket number etc etc

As soon as you have let the good folks on here know what type of ticket it is you will get more help and advice.
dave-o
QUOTE (Ibiza125 @ Wed, 13 May 2009 - 16:03) *
Was wandering if I could say to the council look I do have a car space I pay for, which they are bound to get some money down the line for, and if they could cut me some slack for my stupidity maybe... Or I could say I lost my keys and was waiting for the spare set to be sent to me from home

If you want to provide some comedy relief for the council, then go for it!

Otherwise, as above, show us your docs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.