Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: income based fine
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
bornfree
I BELIEVE I HAVE BEEN SNAPPED BY A PARKED PATROL CAR (FINGERS CROSSED HE WASNT MANNING THE CAMERA) IT WAS MY PARTNERS CAR I WAS DRIVING.DOES THE NIP HAVE TO ARRIVE WITHIN 14DAYS TO MY PARTNER,IF IT DOESNT WILL IT BE DEEMED TIME LAPSED EVEN THOUGH I WAS THE DRIVER.51 IN 30
srg
QUOTE (bornfree @ Wed, 6 May 2009 - 20:04) *
I BELIEVE I HAVE BEEN SNAPPED BY A PARKED PATROL CAR (FINGERS CROSSED HE WASNT MANNING THE CAMERA) IT WAS MY PARTNERS CAR I WAS DRIVING.DOES THE NIP HAVE TO ARRIVE WITHIN 14DAYS TO MY PARTNER,IF IT DOESNT WILL IT BE DEEMED TIME LAPSED EVEN THOUGH I WAS THE DRIVER.51 IN 30

As they say, "shouting" makes your post difficult to read!

You're right, the first NIP has to be served on the registered keeper within 14 days. Is your partner the registered keeper (ie their name on the V5)?
neil3841
First please don't use all capitals it makes your post hard to read.

The NIP needs to be with the registered keeper within 14 days but can come to you later. I believe this applies regardless of who the driver is but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. If your partner gets a NIP take a copy of it then she needs to name you and send it back to arrive on day 27/28 by special delivery in order to be able to prove it arrived on time
bornfree
QUOTE (srg @ Wed, 6 May 2009 - 20:09) *

You're right, the first NIP has to be served on the registered keeper within 14 days. Is your partner the registered keeper (ie their name on the V5)?

yes my partner is the recorded owner..ps sorry for shouting

QUOTE (bornfree @ Wed, 6 May 2009 - 20:12) *
QUOTE (srg @ Wed, 6 May 2009 - 20:09) *

yes my partner is the recorded owner..ps sorry for shouting
glasgow_bhoy
Did you manage to get the cars make/model? As if the car was not a traffic car then it is unlikely it will go any further
bornfree
i believe it was volvo type it definetly had a camera pointing through back window as i could see it when approaching.am i right (hopefully not) in thinking then that even if it arrives to my partner after 14 days (being the registered keeper/owner),i could still reiceve nip even if it is more than the 14days limit
srg
QUOTE (bornfree @ Wed, 6 May 2009 - 20:20) *
in thinking then that even if it arrives to my partner after 14 days (being the registered keeper/owner),i could still reiceve nip even if it is more than the 14days limit

The 14 day rule only applies to the first NIP (ie the one sent to the registered keeper). It is irrelevant how long any subsequent NIPs take to arrive.
bornfree
hi everyone. was wondering if anyone could let me know of a post on this forum that explains the probable outcomes relating to fines and points.i have been told that there is a post which includes a drop down box chart that you enter your speed and income and it then works out the possible/probable outcome .thanks bornfree
Pete D
http://www.pepipoo.com/Magistrates_guidelines.htm
Pete D
BaggieBoy
Deleted, Pete D beat me to it.
bornfree
thanks for that pete d and baggieboy,
Pete D
I wish you would stick to one thread. was the rear of the car open, as you say through a window. Side or back. sounds more like an ANPR run. Pete D
bornfree
evening all (no pun intended)lol. was wondering if anyone could answer this...i am expecting (well really hoping i dont) to be convicted of a 51 in a 30 (no nip as yet but was only 3rd may when think was caught) still hoping he was packing up or doing paperwork or wotever.anyway the issue i have is ..i work with vulnerable adults,would this show up on any future crb check?i have had the enhanced check 7yrs ago,nothing to declare since except the pending nip(still got my fingers crossed on that)regards bornfree
bornfree
QUOTE (Pete D @ Thu, 7 May 2009 - 15:30) *
I wish you would stick to one thread. was the rear of the car open, as you say through a window. Side or back. sounds more like an ANPR run. Pete D

what is an anpr run?
matriarch
I can say with certain authority categorically NO. Does not show on enhanced CRB but you do have to declare to GSCC if registered with them, your insurers and employer if you use your car and it is a condition of your employment to use a car for example in conveying clients. Serious motoring offences resulting in bans, drink, harm such as dangerous driving would show up as they are separate categories of offence not relating to speeding.

Hope this helps, from another user who works with vulnerable clients.

Anyway, bit premature as you haven't got a nip yet.
Fredd
You've started a duplicate thread!

I've now merged three of your threads, all relating to the same case. I ain't going to do it again!
Pete D
Automatic Number Plate Recognition. Tax and insurance evasion. Pete D
bornfree
QUOTE (Fredd @ Thu, 7 May 2009 - 19:39) *

I've now merged three of your threads, all relating to the same case. I ain't going to do it again!

QUOTE (Fredd @ Thu, 7 May 2009 - 19:39) *

sorry i didnt realise i was creating new threads everytime i posted,i am new, but thank you. i will try to accomodate the forum rules from now on regards bornfree

QUOTE (matriarch @ Thu, 7 May 2009 - 19:34) *
I can say with certain authority categorically NO. Does not show on enhanced CRB but you do have to declare to GSCC if registered with them, your insurers and employer if you use your car and it is a condition of your employment to use a car for example in conveying clients. Serious motoring offences resulting in bans, drink, harm such as dangerous driving would show up as they are separate categories of offence not relating to speeding.

Hope this helps, from another user who works with vulnerable clients.

Anyway, bit premature as you haven't got a nip yet.

thanks for that info matriarch,my employment contract states a driving licence is desirable and it says a clean licence is desirable,i agree i would have to inform company of any offence but do you think it would affect my employment with it saying a clean licence is only desirable....i know i premature it me that just worrying.. 6days and no nip as yet fingers crossed eh regards bornfree
bornfree
hi all.hope i got this right as i seem to have still not got the hang off posting yet so hars hoping..it is now 9 days since suspect camera and was wondering when day 14 falls. the reason i ask is that day 14 falls on a sunday..can i be issued on the following day being monday and count as 14 days....hoping dont come at all. with what i learnt up to now from this forum it is unlikely i will..heres hoping..regards bornfree
nemo
Its strictly 14 calendar days from the date of the alleged offence. For instance, a notice posted on Day 13 where Day 14 was a Sunday could not be served in accordance with the relevant statutory requirements.

And the alleged offence date = Day 0, not Day 1.
The Rookie
Please note that its very unusual for a police patrol car to be operating a speed camera at all, that is left to the sefety camera pratnerships, a police officer on duty in a police car will almost always stop you at the scene, and his speed measuring device (if handheld) is rarely linked to a camera.

Simon
bornfree
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 13 May 2009 - 12:53) *
Please note that its very unusual for a police patrol car to be operating a speed camera at all, that is left to the sefety camera pratnerships, a police officer on duty in a police car will almost always stop you at the scene, and his speed measuring device (if handheld) is rarely linked to a camera.

Simon

thank you for that information ...rookie....nemo..regards bornfree
bornfree

hi to all. just thought would update you all on my post...YEHAAAA..the nip did not arrive,the last dey was saturday 16th may and it aint here,so thats that, one for the road..YEHAAA YIPIDI DO DA YEY...thanks to the posters that reassured me of the position regarding my post,and those that personally replied to my request for advice..and thanks fredd for linking my posts together and for your advice too. thank you all...from a relieved bornfree...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.