Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UKCPS and admitting liability
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
catmando
Hi,

I'm really sorry if you've heard all this before but I'm in need of some advice and quickly.

I received a parking ticket for £75 from UKCPS on the recent bank holiday. Now, from previous posts I can see that the best thing to do is to ignore it. However, I only learned if this tonight and have already sent a letter stating how angry I was at receiving the ticket having been in the parking bay in question for literally no more than five minutes. I have also sent my cheque.

I want to cancel my cheque as I now realise that these companies are just a complete scam, but my question is, as I have given my address details and admitted to being in the parking space, do they have some legal foothold now?

Please help. If I am to cancel my cheque, I need to do it within the next 24-48 hours. But I don't want to do it if they now have the information required to pursue it through the courts.

Thanks.
Alexis
CANCEL

CHEQUE

TOMORROW

9AM

Chances of UKCPS wasting time doing court: 5%
Chances of UKCPS winning: 0.1%

I like those odds.
catmando
Hey Alexis,

Thanks for the information.

Much appreciated.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.