Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 x NIP, 5 mins apart from the same van!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
andyp123
So, I get my new car on the 28th Feb, and took it to work on the 5th March.

I take one of my colleagues out for a "spin" up to the motorway and back - about 3 miles in total.

We saw a van on the way back, and i thought they had got me, which they did, but it turns out it also got me across the dual carriageway and central reservation on the way out.

I was doing 67 in a 40 on the way out, and 80 in a 40 on the way back - both dual carriageway.

The NIPs arrived after 35 days, which I disputed as being time lapsed, but they have come back to say they have extra time, as my car was not registered at the DVLA at the time of the offence. (I had a private plate assigned to it from certificate).

Could I get it as one offence if I say I didn't slow down?

And, can anyone recommend a good lawyer in the midlands/leicester/loughborough area?

Cheers
davepoth
Depends on the junction you used to turn around at. If it was a non-light controlled motorway junction roundabout and you have a reasonably fast car (I guess you do from your post) it is conceivable that you could negotiate it in excess of 40mph. was it a 40 limit for the whole trip?
andyp123
Unfortunately there are lights. probably not a good idea to say I went through those. (I didn't)
jobo
might not be a good idea, but is to late to to charge you with it
Glacier2
Your best chance is to get the 2 offences dealt with as one. That will need a court appearance. But so will 80 in a 40.
TheGeek
QUOTE (andyp123 @ Mon, 27 Apr 2009 - 15:17) *
We saw a van on the way back, and i thought they had got me, which they did, but it turns out it also got me across the dual carriageway and central reservation on the way out.

As a matter of interest, did they get you from the front or rear each time?
andyp123
From the rear first time (which is why I didn't know about it) and from the front second time.

At least they sent me some nice pics of my car sad.gif
neil3841
QUOTE (andyp123 @ Mon, 27 Apr 2009 - 15:17) *
So, I get my new car on the 28th Feb, and took it to work on the 5th March.

Could I get it as one offence if I say I didn't slow down?

Cheers

QUOTE (andyp123 @ Mon, 27 Apr 2009 - 15:30) *
Unfortunately there are lights. probably not a good idea to say I went through those. (I didn't)

Probably not a good idea is a understatement. As if you have to stand in court and give evidence that you never slowed down. The prosecution might be able to produce CCTV footage of you at the lights (or find it afterwards) and you would find yourself sampling her majesty's compulsory accommodations.

Its probably best to find a proper defence to each one
andyp123
QUOTE (neil3841 @ Tue, 28 Apr 2009 - 15:59) *
Its probably best to find a proper defence to each one

Can anyone recommend a lawyer in the loughborough/leicester/midlands area?
neil3841
Don't know any lawyers but there are plenty of well educated people on here that can help find defences for you and as there are so many people when a mistake is made there is normally someone else who points it out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.