Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Requesting a Speed awareness Course
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
dodger886
A question:

I have a NiP for 38 in a 30.

On the FAQ It says 'it may be possible to offer attendance at a speed awareness course.' I want this if I can get it. Do I do this at the time I give them the details of the driver (me) or after the offer is received back?

My concern is whether I have missed the boat by asking for the course after/if an offer of 3 points and £60 is received.

Thanks.
andy_foster
Generally, the courses are either offered when you admit to being the driver, or not.
Asking for a course is unlikely to make any difference, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Durzel
I asked for a SAC for 60 in a 50 and was told where to go. As above they are generally offered to you if you qualify and if they even operate a SAC scheme.
mrefc
i've just been offered one for 36 in a 30. depends on the guidelines for the area in which you were caught

here's the info i was given on SAC

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=38979
Ocelot
Dodger, which constabulary caught you? It is usually possible to tell in Google whether that force even offers a SAC.
dodger886
It's the Metropolitan police. (occured in Brixton).
nemo
Speed Awareness Courses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.