Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro Car Parks - PARKING CHARGE NOTICE
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
heymishmctavish
On 26.03.09 A Parking Charge Notice was left on the windscreen stating "unauthorised parking in service area"

As there are lots of signs warning about possible penalties for parking in the service area I never do so as not to run the risk of a ticket. I was parked in the road that is infront of the entrance to the market that leads up to the service area, but I was parked infront of the service area barrier/gates and wouldn't have been blocking anybody in either direction, or the gates from closing.

I also had my Blue Disabled Badge clearly displayed in the windscreen with the correct time on it and was only away from the car for a matter of minutes.

The ticket looks very official and states "Unauthorised removal of interference is prohibited" also "If this parking charge notice is not paid, the registered keepers details may be requested from DVLA"

After reading through a number of the posts on here I am wondering a number of things if you could help I'd be very grateful

1. I've seen alot of threads saying to ignore private parking companies as they are scamsters, are Euro Car Parks under this heading www.eurocarparks.com

2. I am not the registered keeper, but I am insured to drive the car, if Euro Car Parks do request the details from the DVLA is the registered keeper obligated to give my details or could he be forced to pay the charge.

3. How long do I have to worry about it for
dave-o
It's a PPC ticket. i.e a scam. Ignore it. They will stop hassling you after a few letters.
southpaw82
QUOTE (heymishmctavish @ Fri, 17 Apr 2009 - 23:20) *
1. I've seen alot of threads saying to ignore private parking companies as they are scamsters, are Euro Car Parks under this heading www.eurocarparks.com

Exactly the same as other PPCs.

2. I am not the registered keeper, but I am insured to drive the car, if Euro Car Parks do request the details from the DVLA is the registered keeper obligated to give my details or could he be forced to pay the charge.

No and no.

3. How long do I have to worry about it for

About a tenth of a second.

bama
as all above.
heymishmctavish
Thanks everso to everyone, I've been having a nightmare driving recently as got a speeding ticket in the same week :-(

See my other post
heymishmctavish
My boyfriend has received a letter from Euro Car Parks saying that as payment of £30 was not made it has now risen to £50. Also if they do not receive payment within 28 days it will incur a further £25 admin charge, payable for each notice.... what do I do now? Boyfriend is going mad at me - HELP!!!!
quickboy
Same advice as before - IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE!! Several more letters with increasing amounts until they give up. Tell your BF to stop panicking!
roythebus
The good thing about you not psaying is they've already wasted money getting the RK's details from the DVLA; wasted more money sending you letters etc. Keep on ignoring them. they may send letters with scarey chequered edges to make them look more official; they may even threaten to shag your cat. don't worry, IGNORE.

They can't send bailiffs round until they have taken the RK to court; presented a case; won the case, and you haven't paid. there's more chance of the pope turning protestant than that happening. IGNORE.
dave-o
QUOTE (heymishmctavish @ Sun, 26 Apr 2009 - 18:24) *
Also if they do not receive payment within 28 days it will incur a further £25 admin charge, payable for each notice.... what do I do now? Boyfriend is going mad at me - HELP!!!!

He needs to chill out and stop being a drama queen.

Their imaginary charge will go up by a hell of a lot more than that before this is over. It's still a scam though, and they will not take you to court.
heymishmctavish
QUOTE (dave-o @ Mon, 27 Apr 2009 - 11:25) *
QUOTE (heymishmctavish @ Sun, 26 Apr 2009 - 18:24) *

It's still a scam though, and they will not take you to court.

Is that for definite? No chance of court whatsoever?
dave-o
The hit rate for PPCs trying it on in court (which they do now and again in the hope they get a freak result) is probably one in every thousand ignored tickets. If it were somehow to make it to court, this forum would provide a defence that would most likely make them back out before it even got to a hearing.
Alexis
I'd say more like one in every 100,000.
dave-o
Probably, but i thought that might sound like i was exaggerating!
bama
has onyone ever seen a genuine case where a blanked PPC issued court papers ?
I haven't.
Glacier2
Never.

Not even the likes of Perky has done so.
heymishmctavish
So do I send the letter back stating that the RK was not the driver or do I file the letter in file 13 (the bin) and totally forget ever having received the parking notice in the first place.
watsits
Don't send the letter back to them file them in a drawer, not in file 13 laugh.gif , when you get a collection of them send them all to Trading standards with a complaint of harrasment and or fraud etc.
Glacier2
do I file the letter in file 13 (the bin) and totally forget ever having received the parking notice in the first place.

Do precisely that.

Do not enter into correspondence with them.
dave-o
QUOTE (heymishmctavish @ Mon, 27 Apr 2009 - 16:33) *
So do I send the letter back stating that the RK was not the driver or do I file the letter in file 13 (the bin) and totally forget ever having received the parking notice in the first place.

The word "ignore" has been used nine times so far in this thread.
uknational
QUOTE (dave-o @ Mon, 27 Apr 2009 - 16:58) *
QUOTE (heymishmctavish @ Mon, 27 Apr 2009 - 16:33) *

The word "ignore" has been used nine times so far in this thread.

I fear 9 times may not be enough!!

IGNORE THEM!! DO NOT REPLY!! DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THEM!!

etc, etc, etc.
heymishmctavish
Sorry, that I asked so many questions. It was the BF who was panicking but after showing him the thread with not a single person telling me to pay up, he has now been persuaded that I wasn't in the wrong and that it is a scam after all.

Many many thanks to everyone of you who has helped in convincing him.

Thanks
dave-o
Good. Expect some more threatening junk mail. Don't let any of it worry you.
heymishmctavish
Sorry to be back again but bf getting really worried.

Today received a letter from BRINX DEBT COLLECTION SERVICES, with all the details on the ticket and then the body of the letter

"We have been instucted by our above named Client and regret to note that you have failed to pay this overdue account.

This account has been passed to us with instructions to commence Litigation and to obtain Judgement against him. Such a course of action may have an adverse affect on your ability to obtain credit and would include costs, Court fees and interest which may disproportionately increse the amount outstanding.

To avoid this please may payment within 5 working days of the date of this letter. Payment can be made by visiting Euro Car Parks website at www.eurocarparks.com. Alternatively make your cheque/postal order payable to Euro Car Parks Limited (to include a £2.50 handling charge for cheque processing) an post to Euro Car Parks Ltd, 30 Dorset Square, London, NW1 6QJ.

Further details regarding payment options can be found on the enclosed payment slip

Yours sincerely

Payments Department"

The envelope had a really big BRINX DEBT COLLECTION Logo on it, which really didn't please the bf but he is more worried about the fact it could impact on his credit record as he is trying to rebuild his credit score at the moment and I would hate to jeopardise it for him. HELP!!!
spanner345
You have been told before, I will now have a go.

IGNORE
ianagarrison
Don't you think that if they could enforce this bit of bog roll they'd have done it already?
heymishmctavish
Sorry.

I am happy to ignore them myself but it is with it being in bf name that he's worrying.

Don't shout, but would it be of any benefit or detriment to write to them to say he wasn't driving and is under no obligation to give them the drivers details.
bama
no benefit at all. they will just send more letters! !
ManxRed
The Debt Collector/Pretend Solicitor letters are just part of the scam. Keep ignoring.

A number of these letters will imply that Court Documents are being prepared. They're not really, its all designed to scare, and by the look of it, its working!

Ignore, ignore, ignore.
Alexis
ut would it be of any benefit or detriment to write to them to say he wasn't driving and is under no obligation to give them the drivers details.

Detriment. If you contact them you'll be put on the priority pile and be hassled for longer.

heymishmctavish
QUOTE (Alexis @ Thu, 28 May 2009 - 14:14) *
ut would it be of any benefit or detriment to write to them to say he wasn't driving and is under no obligation to give them the drivers details.

Detriment. If you contact them you'll be put on the priority pile and be hassled for longer.

Thank you, I had a feeling that you might say something like that, I just wanted to clarify it so that I can show him the forum's advice. MSE has similar advice regarding private companies, I just need to prove to bf that everybody is singing from the same hymn sheet and that the ticket is infact a scam. I believe you all and now the hard part - convincing him......... THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE
Alexis
The main problems people have are

1) not realising how powerless debt collectors are
2) not realising that their 'ticket' is nothing more than an invoice
3) that the law only enables you to reclaim actual losses. You can't put a sign up saying "if you do x, you agree to pay me £10,000" - T&Cs are only enforceable if the terms are fair and lawful
4) that you've more chance of winning the lottery than being taken to court
5) that the company has no way of knowing who the driver was - they only have access to the keeper's address.
Watcher
QUOTE (heymishmctavish @ Thu, 28 May 2009 - 14:30) *
QUOTE (Alexis @ Thu, 28 May 2009 - 14:14) *

Thank you, I had a feeling that you might say something like that, I just wanted to clarify it so that I can show him the forum's advice. MSE has similar advice regarding private companies, I just need to prove to bf that everybody is singing from the same hymn sheet and that the ticket is infact a scam. I believe you all and now the hard part - convincing him......... THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

Take MSE site with a pince of salt - much bollox on there - no bollox on here however!
dave-o
QUOTE (heymishmctavish @ Thu, 28 May 2009 - 14:30) *
I believe you all and now the hard part - convincing him......... THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

It is easy to tell a bullshit forum.

Just look at all the council tickets we help with. You will find literally hundreds of threads where pepipoo members' advice has led to successful appeals. Why would a forum with such a good reputation give bad advice?
chadders
Why not tell your boyfriend:-

a) you'll pay it for him, when proper (not false) claim arrives from the court - which won't happen.

b) get of his ar$e and pay a solicitor approx. £30 to write a fcuk off letter to them.
dave-o
QUOTE (chadders @ Fri, 29 May 2009 - 11:25) *
b) get of his ar$e and pay a solicitor approx. £30 to write a fcuk off letter to them.

What an absolute waste of £30.

Not advised.
heymishmctavish
QUOTE (dave-o @ Fri, 29 May 2009 - 11:41) *

Not advised.

LOL, got to admit after the other advice I did think that myself, wouldn't really seem worth paying out £30 and headaches to go with it to avoid a £50 fine
weasel
QUOTE (heymishmctavish @ Sat, 30 May 2009 - 00:18) *
QUOTE (dave-o @ Fri, 29 May 2009 - 11:41) *

Not advised.

LOL, got to admit after the other advice I did think that myself, wouldn't really seem worth paying out £30 and headaches to go with it to avoid a £50 fine

IT IS NOT A FINE !!

Look on it as a begging letter, it has the same validity (ie none) as a begging letter and needs to be treated with the same contempt.
PPcs cannot issue fines, they merely try their luck with a series of correspondences (threatening dire consequences) whose appearence is designed to deceive and mislead both in terms of how it looks and what it says.

Ignore the scumbags and do not worry.
bama
It sure as hell isn't a bill so why settle it ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.